Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASSERT failure on startup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Matt1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASSERT failure on startup
    Posted: 14 November 2003 at 2:52am

OK, it seems that some of my code was causing this problem.  I was forcing my ChildFrame windows to stay maximized by catching SIZE_MINIMIZED and SIZE_RESTORED messages in my ChildFrame's OnSize() handler, and programmatically remaximizing the window when those two messages appeared. I have no idea why this was causing the CXTPTabClientWnd code to throw an assertion but apparently it was. So I eliminated that code - it was hackish anyway.

I've resolved the keep-maximized problem by eliminating all the ways a user might reduce the ChildFrame windows within the application (I removed the Min/Max buttons from the windows, the CXTPTabClientWnd window, and I removed the Window menu commands.

The only problem I have now relates, then, to kelvincannon's post "Tabbed MDI" and is this:

When my ChildFrame windows are maximized (which they are by default and are meant to STAY that way) and I click the tabs to activate them and bring them to the front, there is a brief flicker of those windows in a non-maximized state.

Is there any way that I can eliminate this? I suppose I'm officially reporting a bug, unless there is something I'm doing wrong.

- Matt

Matt1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2003 at 7:55pm

Hi, I'm using the CXTPTabClientWnd class in my MainFrame to add MDI tabs.  I'm calling:

m_MDITabWnd.Attach(this);

in my OnCreate() handler, and:

m_MDITabWnd.Detach();

in my OnDestroy() handler.  It works very well, except that debug compiles ASSERT at startup and point to line 1971 in XTPTabClientWnd.cpp:

// there shouldn't be such item in the tab control
    ASSERT(m_tab.FindTabItem((HWND)lResult)==-1);

Any idea why this is failing and how I can fix it?  It happens in the demos that use this class as well, btw.  I'm using a static-mt  build of the XTP lib and I'm statically linking to MFC.

Matt

Edit: It's actually failing during ChildWnd creation. Any ideas?

Edited by Matt1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic