Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Active MDI toolbar behavior with floating MDI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franji1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Active MDI toolbar behavior with floating MDI
    Posted: 20 September 2022 at 12:28pm
I want to push this discussion to its own topic/thread which was brought up here regarding "Active" MDI behavior when using the new floating MDI feature:

We are wanting to use XTP 20.3 with VS 2019.

We built the GUI_VisualStudio sample app.  When you float an MDI file and give the floating MDI child focus, the Save button CCmdUI status and OnClick behavior are applied to the Active Main Frame MDI window, not the focused MDI floating view.

The actual VS 2019 supports tear-off MDI children and the main toolbar behavior is applied as expected when a floating MDI child has focus.  This is the desired behavior.

So the question becomes, without that behavior, we will need to have a local toolbar (toolbar set?) on every floating MDI view that replicates a subset of the main frame's toolbar set?

I'm do not want to trivialize the solution - the desired behavior is simple to verbalize, but I realize the solution is non-trivial (my knowledge of intimate MFC internals is limited, but this I believe is true):
Message routing gets strange
Active MDI behavior get strange
MDIGetActive behavior comes into question
MDIActivate similarly (can it be called on a floating MDI view?)

Or is a better perspective to accept that it is similar to a dockable/floatable view, except that it can (easily) be "docked" as an MDI child?

EDIT: Please ignore this post - I obviously was not seeing what I thought I saw.  So far, GUI_VisualStudio is behaving as expected.  Apologies.
XTP 13.3
migrating to XTP 20.3
franji1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franji1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2022 at 1:07pm
Now I see what I saw LOL

I had ONE floating MDI child, but I CLOSED all the "docked" MDI children, so when I had focus on the floating MDI child, I expected the SAVE/SAVE-ALL icons to STILL BE ENABLED, but they were DISABLED:

This could be a bug in the GUI_VisualStudio SAMPLE, or a bug in the XTP Toolkit??
XTP 13.3
migrating to XTP 20.3
agontarenko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agontarenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2022 at 6:42am
Hello,

I'm glad to inform you that the issue has been addressed and fixed.

Regards,
Artem Gontarenko
franji1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franji1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2022 at 9:13am
Great!  Thanks!!
XTP 13.3
migrating to XTP 20.3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic