Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Controls Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pweyzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Controls Suggestions
    Posted: 24 June 2020 at 10:21pm
Just recently I updated our codebase to use a modern version of Codejock.  It's been like 10 years and a lot changes in that time.  I am looking for suggestions on how to achieve this 'long list" of UI fixups.

Sorry if I am asking too much -- I am just unsure where to look to figure out exactly what's available to me.  I've got this dialog - it's not as fancy as it could be:

I've been conscripted to make some more improvements to it:
(1) The search bar:
  - a. hourglass icon moved inside the dropdown/edit
  - b. optional 'x' button to appear on rt-side in order to reset it.
  - c. google-like dropdown behavior ... the contents of the dropdown is filtered as you type

(2) The file view:
  - a. floating "..." button to appear on current item - will be used to render a drop down list
  - b. list to be sorted into sections "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Century"....  (collapsible sections?)

(3) Tab selector

-- they're a bit more button like, but act like tabs...  my tab control lives in a separate child window than do the file views below them...  so don't need a tradition tab control.  more near a row of radio buttons with hover and this sort borderless button of styling...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic