Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Themes & ScrollBars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Themes & ScrollBars
    Posted: 23 August 2019 at 5:03am
hi,
how do you handle themed scrollbars in your application?
if i run VisualStudio sample from CJ the right pane has a nice looking themed scrollbar, whilst left panes uses "windows looking" scrollbars that are incosistent with choosen theme.

is there any example how to use CXTPScrollBar with CXTPListCtrl and join it together? if the CXTPListCtrl does not set the scrollbars flag - how can i get know that i should show my CXTPScrollBar or not? how to adjust the scroll to the number of elements in CXTPListCtrl?

regards,
Adam
adamg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2019 at 5:15pm
Ok, instead of CXTPListCtrl i can use the Report control - hope it is not a siege for a sparrow, but what about other controls - CListBox, CComboBox and their CJ corresponding controls?
How to achieve consistent look for specific Theme? Is the skinning the only one solution?

Adam
adamg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2019 at 5:01pm
seriously? no one has the solution to share? CJ Skinds sounds like an option here, but i believe that if CJ provides support for themes, it should be available in CJ.

i was even thinking to disable scrollbars on the control level, and put two CJ scrollbars per control and handle the proper events, but i have no idea how to scroll the content of the controls. it would be a silly workaround to resolve a problem that should be fixed on CJ level.

i have looked also on one of the CJ competitors for MFC controls, i was surprised that there offers themes for internal controls they do provide without any issues. ok, i have to admit that CJ is less memory consuming but comparing 37M(CJ) vs 44M(BGC) for the same programs is not a big deal.

it is also surprised that the CJ support ticket for this is still unanswered, others tickets were not updated for a very long time..... i have started to wonder whether paying the maintenance does make sense...

Adam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic