Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Docking pane drag is wrong with this setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Docking pane drag is wrong with this setup
    Posted: 12 July 2019 at 3:55pm
I have 3 monitors. Left, middle/main - a 4K monitor set to 200%dpi and another monitor to the right of it.

Our app is High DPI Aware via an embedded manifest.

Start your app on the main monitor. Looks fine. Undo a pane and try to move it to the left monitor. Whoa! the rectangle being dragged is nowhere near the cursor on the screen. Be careful, if you move the cursor down the screen, the drag rectangle goes off the virtual desktop. If you mouse up, you have now lost your pane. Alt-space-move doesn't help as alt is intercepted by a hook and directed to the app to work with the ribbon.

Any chance this is fixed in the current CJ codebase?
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2019 at 4:24pm
We have found GetDeviceCaps is returning virtual, not physical sizes. We can compare that to data returned from GetMonitorInfoEx and if that structure's physical size is different, we apply a virtual to physical scale factor in our calculations. This fixes some issues that look like the one we see when dragging panes from monitor to monitor.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2019 at 8:20am
I have to take part of that back. We activated an additional graphics card without attaching a monitor. When we moved our code to my box where I have a 4k monitor, we got different results on the two other non-4k monitors when it came to physical versus virtual info from the monitorinfoex call. At this point, it's damn near impossible to predict the OS when changing the DPI settings to the newer per monitor "V2" and the newer GDI setting that came out with OS build 1709.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic