Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Application doesn't start after upgrading to 18.6?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Application doesn't start after upgrading to 18.6?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakoar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Application doesn't start after upgrading to 18.6?
    Posted: 06 November 2018 at 9:49am
My application (SDI tabbed view, 64-bit statically compiled) doesn't anymore start after compiling against TP 18.6?
I have no problems when I use earlier version 18.5. My app hasn't changed for a long time.

markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 5:53pm
I reported a problem to CodeJock after v18.6 was released. When using static linking, some application resources are not loading correctly, which is what I suspect is happening here.

Was told that they're looking into the problem, but not sure on the status of that investigation.

My solution for the time being was to merge important v18.6 fixes into the v18.5 code base.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 11:20pm
As a temporary workaround you can remove or comment the following below piece of code in Source\Common\res\Resource-Neutral.rc and re-build ToolkitPro:

#ifndef _AFXDLL

#include <afxctl.rc>
#include <afxdb.rc>
#include <afxolecl.rc>
#include <afxolesv.rc>
#include <afxprint.rc>
#include <afxres.rc>

#include "Common/res/mfc/indicate.rc"
#include "Common/res/mfc/prompts.rc"

#endif //_AFXDLL

Please confirm it fixes the problem.

Regards,
  Alexander
TomPP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomPP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2018 at 2:56am
Generally works, but not when _XTP_RESOURCE_LANGUAGE is defined. Then you have to uncomment the same lines in the corresponding Resource_xx.rc file too.
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2018 at 3:59am
Is this related to the errors:

v:\xcomponents\XTToolkit\v1860\Source\Calendar/res/Resource-Neutral.rc(35): error RC2135: file not found: Calendar/res/EventGlyps_100.bmp

v:\xcomponents\XTToolkit\v1860\Source\Controls/res/Resource-Neutral.rc(70): error RC2135: file not found: Controls/res/Arrow.ico

v:\xcomponents\XTToolkit\v1860\Source\DockingPane/res/Resource-Neutral.rc(41): error RC2135: file not found: DockingPane/res/DockingStickers_VisualStudio_2005_125.png

and so on, when compiling with static resources?

Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
TomPP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomPP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2018 at 4:16am
I never had these errors with v18.6.0
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2018 at 5:03am
OK but it is maybe because you never hit the language neutral resources?

But it is clear that the bitmaps referred to in the files does not exist on the disk?
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
TomPP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomPP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2018 at 5:16am
With the changes above there is no difference when compiling with static or dynamic resources, both are fine. And the files you are missing are on disk.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic