Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

18.6.0 - High DPI still ugly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18.6.0 - High DPI still ugly
    Posted: 27 October 2018 at 7:12am
So here we are after years: Most of the icons in 18.6.0 sample apps still look blurry and text sizes are either too small or too large, calendar themes 2007 and 2010 are still not scaling (I know, you won't fix it at all) and our app (in 18.5.0) is quite problematic on a high DPI screen.
For our professional customers, who use our app this is completely unacceptable.
Funny, our old app, written with 15.3 is scaled by Windows and looks better than the actual one.

Why don't you buy an actual MS Surface and retest ALL your sample apps, and release the next version when all apps look nice with correct font sizes, margins and exact scaling. But in the moment we can't deliver anything which uses 18.5.0/18.6.0. Sorry.

astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 10:20am
DPI support is still not fully implemented in ToolkitPro. Chart and SyntaxEdit in particular do not support it at all yet, Calendar themes 2007 and 2010 do not support it either and you are most likely right, it is difficult to add DPI support for those themes, so at least until there is no very large demand, those themes won't support it. And SkinFramework has only partial DPI support but it it should improve in future releases.

All hour samples have been tested in HiDPI, most of the issues have been addressed, which should cover most of the use cases, however it is possible there are still can be problems as initially it was not designed to support HiDPI. Can you please open a new support ticket with screenshots of all problematic parts and send me its number in PM for escalated processing? 
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2018 at 4:56am
I posted similar question when upgrading from 17.3 to 18:

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23559&KW=&PID=76591&title=fuzzy-icons-with-18#76591

The screenshot there is not the best to describe how bad they can look, but all icons looked more crispy in 17.3 even though I have only 16px and 32px icons. 

I still haven't found a combination of options which will make icons in toolbars, popups or ribbon as good as in 17.3 (without providing tons of different sizes of the icons).

Windows 10, Visual Studio 20157, Toolkit Pro 18.3.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic