Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[solved]Crash bug in the Task Dialog 18.4.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [solved]Crash bug in the Task Dialog 18.4.0
    Posted: 02 July 2018 at 6:59am
Hi,

Since upgrading to 18.4.0 I have been having random crashes in my existing VB6 program when attempting to display a dialog using the TaskDialog.

When the program crashes in goes straight to desktop and if it is running from within the VB6 IDE it takes out VB as well. None of VB's error trapping would catch it so it took a lot of effort to narrow down the problem.

Eventually I managed to find the issue and then reproduce it one of your samples.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Load the sample project from <Codejock root>\Samples\Controls\VB\VistaTaskDialog
2. Find "cmdShowDialog_Click"
3. Add the line "taskDialog.EnableMarkup = True" somewhere after the reset
4. Run the program
5. Click "Show Dialog" a number of times with various options to verify working as expected
6. Edit the text for "Footer" to consist only of a hyperlink e.g. "<A HREF="executablestring 2">Hyperlink Text</A>"
7. Click "Show Dialog" and close it a few times until the program crashes - this is random between 1 and 10 times usually but I have had 20 times once.

Adding any non-whitespace before or after the link stops the crashing.

Kenton

agontarenko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agontarenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 11:58am
Hello Kenton,

What previous version of Codejock ActiveX you used before 18.4, which worked without errors?

Regards,
Artem Gontarenko
Kenton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 12:12pm
Hi Artem,

Certainly worked in 15.3.1.

Kenton

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote agontarenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 6:24am
Hello Kenton,

I'm glad to inform you that the issue has been addressed and fixed.
The fix will be available in next release (18.5 scheduled in august).

Regards,
Artem Gontarenko
Kenton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2018 at 6:36am
Hi Artem,

Thanks for the reply and TIA for the fix.

Kenton

Kenton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 5:51am
Hi Artem,

I have now downloaded 18.5.0 and the problem is still there.

I have uninstalled all other versions to be certain and followed the steps in my OP and it still crashes. :-(

Perhaps it matters where I add the "taskDialog.EnableMarkup = True"? I am adding it as the line after "taskDialog.Reset" so it is the second line in the Sub.

Regards,

Kenton

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agontarenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 8:09am
Hello Kenton,

What version of Windows are you use?

Regards,
Artem Gontarenko
Kenton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 8:17am
Hi Artem,

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, 64 bit.

Kenton

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote agontarenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 3:18am
Hello Kenton,

I fixed same error, but in another place. At now I fixed second error and check it in Windows 7 and 10 all works.
I've rebuild built ocx, how I can send it to you?

Regards,
Artem Gontarenko
Kenton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 5:37am
Hi Artem,

I have PMed you with my email address.

Regards,

Kenton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic