Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crash bug in the Task Dialog 18.4.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crash bug in the Task Dialog 18.4.0
    Posted: 02 July 2018 at 6:59am
Hi,

Since upgrading to 18.4.0 I have been having random crashes in my existing VB6 program when attempting to display a dialog using the TaskDialog.

When the program crashes in goes straight to desktop and if it is running from within the VB6 IDE it takes out VB as well. None of VB's error trapping would catch it so it took a lot of effort to narrow down the problem.

Eventually I managed to find the issue and then reproduce it one of your samples.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Load the sample project from <Codejock root>\Samples\Controls\VB\VistaTaskDialog
2. Find "cmdShowDialog_Click"
3. Add the line "taskDialog.EnableMarkup = True" somewhere after the reset
4. Run the program
5. Click "Show Dialog" a number of times with various options to verify working as expected
6. Edit the text for "Footer" to consist only of a hyperlink e.g. "<A HREF="executablestring 2">Hyperlink Text</A>"
7. Click "Show Dialog" and close it a few times until the program crashes - this is random between 1 and 10 times usually but I have had 20 times once.

Adding any non-whitespace before or after the link stops the crashing.

Kenton

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic