Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can't build latest SkinFramework. How to do it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't build latest SkinFramework. How to do it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't build latest SkinFramework. How to do it?
    Posted: 17 June 2018 at 7:29pm
I have successfully used SkinFramework 16 and 17 before, on earlier operating systems and Visual Studio versions. I'm currently running on Windows 10 with a brand-spanking new Visual Studio 2017 (15.7.1) install, and a brand-spanking new Skin Framework 18.4.0 install and I cannot build the libraries.

My first attempts to use the CodeJock deployment wizard failed, first because the default install directory is under Program Files, which is protected, so I had to run the wizard as Admin. Next it failed because it said it couldn't find the Windows 8.1 SDK.

So I downloaded and installed the Windows 8.1 SDK. Tried again, and now it fails for every project with these messages:

------ Build started: Project: Codejock.SkinFramework.Shared, Configuration: Unicode Release Win32 ------
StdAfx.cpp
c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.14.26428\atlmfc\include\afx.h(62): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'new.h': No such file or directory
Done building project "SkinFrameworkShared_vc150.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
------ Build started: Project: Codejock.SkinFramework.Shared, Configuration: Unicode Release x64 ------
StdAfx.cpp
c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.14.26428\atlmfc\include\afx.h(62): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'new.h': No such file or directory
Done building project "SkinFrameworkShared_vc150.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
------ Build started: Project: Codejock.SkinFramework.Shared, Configuration: Unicode Debug Win32 ------

I have tried both with the deployment wizard and directly from Visual Studio. I have also tried "retargeting" the CodeJock solution to the Windows 8.1 SDK, since that's the one that's installed.

QUESTION 1: How do I fix this "Cannot open include file: 'new.h'" issue?

QUESTION 2: Is there any documentation on how to install/build the Skin Framework and what the requirements are? I have looked at the included links and "help" installed with the package, but have not found anything that would help me build these libraries.

Again this is a fresh, unmodified install of Windows 10, Visual Studio 2017, Skin Framework 18, and Windows 8.1 SDK. I'm sure there are some basic tweaks I need to make, but I have no idea what those may be.

Thanks.
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 4:17am
pcb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 5:29pm
Thanks, I will try that.

By the way, IS there any documentation for the Skin Framework? It seems like there must be, since I've used it in three different programs of mine... unless I did that work entirely by looking at the samples? I'm just trying to figure out how I initially learned about the framework, because I need a refresher.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic