Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing DPI Selection in DrawThemeBackground

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MrFelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing DPI Selection in DrawThemeBackground
    Posted: 21 March 2018 at 6:41am
I was wondering why checkboxes and radio buttons were stretched in a very ugly way after I changed my screen resolution to use 120dpi (125%). So I used the Skin Builder to check the theme settings (e.g. Win8RTM skin). In case of checkboxes the ImageSelectType is set to "Dpi" and there are three combinations:
MinDpi1 = 96 / ImageFile1 = CheckBox13.png
MinDpi2 = 118 / ImageFile2 = CheckBox16.png
MinDpi3 = 185 / ImageFile3 = CheckBox25.png

After some debugging I recognized that ImageSelectType=Dpi is not implemented in the XTPSkinManagerSchema. So always ImageFile1 is used and scaled e.g. from 13x13 px to 16x16 that looks quite ugly. I am using Toolkit v18.2.0.

So, is it planned to add this feature? Modern Windows systems select automatically an appropriate dpi value depending on the physical pixel size of the main screen. Especially laptops with small pixels get settings of 120dpi by default. Or 144dpi on ultrabooks with 13-14" full HD displays.

By the way: In class "Menu" the parts "SystemClose", "SystemMaximize" and so are not acccessible by Skin Builder. So I have to use text editor to edit them. Working for me, but cumbersome.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic