Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

background color of RecentFileListBox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: background color of RecentFileListBox
    Posted: 20 January 2018 at 3:25pm
Can you confirm there is an issue with the BackstagePageRecent not being themed properly?  Is there a workaround for this?
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2018 at 3:37pm
I think you ask about white background of ListBox. I have seen this and it is very annoying on Dark themes. Unfortunately I can't find reason. This even not always can be reproduced but often. I will add this to our  tasks/bugs database.
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2018 at 3:54pm
yes, the white background and also the wrong foreground color and mouseover styling - it looks like it's reverting to the basic windows theme no matter what the theme actually is.
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 2:08pm
I found a bit more information:

the first time you select an office theme that is a different version of office from the current theme, the BackstageListBox theme is wrong (e.g. change from one of the office 2010 themes to one of the office 2013 themes).  But then if you select another variant from the same office version (e.g. after selecting office 2013 white, select office 2013 grey), then the BackstageListBox does adopt the correct theme.

Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2018 at 3:57am
...apart from the background color that is.
hiro-ta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiro-ta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 6:01am
Please teach me how to change the background color of CXTPRecentFileListBox.
I want to change the color from white to theme color.

[Development environment]
Windows10 Pro Japanese
VisualStudio2010 SP1
Toolkit Pro for Visual C++ 18.2.0

olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 8:34am
Originally posted by hiro-ta hiro-ta wrote:

Please teach me how to change the background color of CXTPRecentFileListBox.
I want to change the color from white to theme color.

Hello,

You need to edit and rebuild Office2016.dll (Source\Styles\Office2016\)
Edit desired INI files in section  [CommandBars.Gallery]   change property "Back"

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
hiro-ta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiro-ta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:38pm
Hi,

I tried how to edit ini(Office2016PowerPointColorful.ini).

[CommandBars.Gallery]
Back = 255 0 0

But the color did'nt change.

hiro-ta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiro-ta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:30pm
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 4:04am
Hello hiro-ta,

Maybe your RecentFileList is transparent ?
see implementation of CXTPControlGalleryOffice2013Theme::FillControl()

[CommandBars.Gallery]   "Back"  is  CXTPControlGalleryOffice2013Theme::m_clrBack

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
hiro-ta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiro-ta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:56am
Hello olebed,

No. My RecentFileList is not transparent.

Please teach me how to specify the parameter[CXTPControlGalleryOffice2013Theme::m_clrBack].
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:04am
Hello hiro-ta,

You need to set breakpoint in method 
CXTPControlGalleryOffice2013Theme::FillControl()  and see what conditions work and what color is used there.
hiro-ta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiro-ta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:39pm
Hello olebed,

Sorry, My RecentFileList was transparent.
I do not know why  transparency is specified.
What should I do?
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 6:29am
you need to call SetTransparent(FALSE)  for gallery control.
If you use CXTPRibbonBackstagePageRecent  then see implementation of CXTPRibbonBackstagePageRecent::SetTheme(). It calls 
m_wndList.GetGallery()->SetTransparent(FALSE);
before change theme.

By default this option is false, see constructor CXTPControlGallery::CXTPControlGallery().

Set breakpoint in CXTPControlGallery::SetTransparent() or data breakpoint for CXTPControlGallery::m_bTransparent to see where it is changed.
hiro-ta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiro-ta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 3:09am
I tried it with a ribbon sample.
m_bTransparent was FALSE but m_clrBack was white.
How can I change the background color?

olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:07am
you can change CXTPControlGalleryOffice2013Theme::m_clrBack right after changing theme or hardcode desired color in INI file like described above.
hiro-ta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiro-ta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 4:38am
I can not hardcode.

CXTPControlGalleryOffice2013Theme::m_clrBack is protected.
Is there a way to change m_clrBack ?
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 5:11am
Originally posted by olebed olebed wrote:

You need to edit and rebuild Office2016.dll (Source\Styles\Office2016\)
Edit desired INI files in section  [CommandBars.Gallery]   change property "Back"

You did this before but your Recent File List was transparent.
hiro-ta View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiro-ta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 9:26pm
It is the same as hardcode.
I can not do it because I make it possible to choose a GUI style.
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 7:48am
You can change our library, add public setter/getter for that property and rebuild lib.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic