Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPTaskDialog - Windows XP issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisBamford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPTaskDialog - Windows XP issues
    Posted: 08 February 2018 at 12:36pm
Hello All,

I hope this is the correct forum, my apologies if it is not.

We have recently upgraded to v18.3 of CodeJock from v16.3 to improve DPI support on Windows 10. This has been achieved.

However, when using CXTPTaskDialog on Windows XP 32 bit we are experiencing an issue where DoModal(FALSE) or DoModal() of an CXTPTaskDialog is causing application hangs. Obviously we need to be calling DoModal(FALSE) to not use CommCtl but either call will fail.

If I put the old Xtreme toolkit library back in place (v16.3) the DoModal(FALSE) calls work fine and messages are shown as expected.

Environment is:
- Visual Studio 2012 Version 11.0.61030.00 Update 4
- Xtreme Toolkit Pro for Visual C++   18.3
- Platform Toolset is Visual Studio 2012 - Windows XP 

I am having difficulty finding documentation to aid fault finding, is there an article I can read or a sample to look at ? The v18.3 sample when built as static release does not run on Windows XP even when using the v110_xp platform toolset.

Please help.

Many thanks.

Chris

olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2018 at 10:32am
Hello Chris,

I found exact revision which introduce issue. As workaround you can modified file Source/Common/XTPDLLExports.h and rebuild library

instead of lines
  #if _MSC_VER > 1200 
  #include <sdkddkver.h>
  #endif

use old definitions:
  #if _MSC_VER > 1200
   // Modify the following defines if you have to target a platform prior to the ones specified below.
  // Refer to MSDN for the latest info on corresponding values for different platforms.
  #ifndef WINVER       // Allow use of features specific to Windows 95 and Windows NT 4 or later.
  #if _MSC_VER >= 1800
  #define WINVER 0x0502
  #elif _MSC_VER > 1500
  #define WINVER 0x0500
  #else
  #define WINVER 0x0400    // Change this to the appropriate value to target Windows 98 and Windows 2000 or later.
  #endif
  #endif

#ifndef _WIN32_WINNT    // Allow use of features specific to Windows NT 4 or later.
  #if _MSC_VER >= 1800
  #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0502
  #elif _MSC_VER > 1500
  #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500
  #else
  #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0400   // Change this to the appropriate value to target Windows 98 and Windows 2000 or later.
  #endif
  #endif

#ifndef _WIN32_WINDOWS   // Allow use of features specific to Windows 98 or later.
  #define _WIN32_WINDOWS 0x0410 // Change this to the appropriate value to target Windows Me or later.
  #endif

#ifndef _WIN32_IE      // Allow use of features specific to IE 4.0 or later.
  #if _MSC_VER >= 1800
  #define _WIN32_IE 0x0603
  #else
  #define _WIN32_IE 0x0500  // Change this to the appropriate value to target IE 5.0 or later.
  #endif
  #endif

#endif
I think we will find better solution for next release.

Regards,
Oleksandr Lebed
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 5:40pm
> I think we will find better solution for next release.

Was a better solution found in time for the v18.4 release?

olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:51am
Unfortunately we haven't found better solution.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic