Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [solved] no shell icons on ribbon RecentFiles Page
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[solved] no shell icons on ribbon RecentFiles Page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [solved] no shell icons on ribbon RecentFiles Page
    Posted: 20 January 2018 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Nick Nick wrote:

There's still an issue with the BackstageListBox (for a recent file list) though - it fails to pick up any of the themes (not just the office 2016 one) and it fails to show the appropriate icon associated with the file type.  Codejock's own examples (VB RibbonSample) don't work either as from v17.1.0, though v16.4.0 does work.  For example, try the Visual Studio 2015 dark theme in Codejock's examples, and you'll see what I mean.  So this appears to be a bug that's been around for a couple of years Cry.

I have fixed this bug in some recent versions, just upgrade library.
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2018 at 9:22am
I'm already using v18.2.0.  I can't see a newer version than that!
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2018 at 9:42am
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2018 at 10:14am
hmm. That topic seems to be about adding custom icons to the BackstageFileListBox.  So are you saying that it doesn't automatically use the Windows default icons as in Explorer any more?

If I run the VB6 RibbonSample provided with CommandBars v16.4.0 and using the Office 2013 theme I get this...

If I run the same sample provided with CommandBars v18.2.0 with the Office 2013 theme I get this...

So
1. the theme isn't working
2. it's not picking up the Windows-defined filetype icons

These are the Codejock supplied samples with no modifications whatsoever.
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2018 at 2:52pm
I have checked this and can say that  in 2015 year was added option to manage of loading shell icons due to performance reason. But this option wasn't shared to ActiveX version of library. Also this behavior have changed to forbids shell icons by default. I will add SetUseShellIcon(bool)  to BackstagePageRecent and to XTPGalleryListBox.

Thank you for information Smile
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2018 at 3:27pm
when do you estimate the fix will be available?  I'd like this to be working properly prior to releasing the next version of my app, which is nearly ready.
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 3:30pm
I notice that you've implemented UseShellIcons in CommandBars ActiveX v18.3.  But it doesn't seem to work (try your own demo example).  For the moment, I've written my own workaround using SHGetFileInfo and adding icons to an ImageManager control.
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 3:31pm
I notice this hasn't been fixed in CommandBars ActiveX v18.3; when will it be fixed please?
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 3:34pm
I found a partial workaround by setting the recent filelist visual theme in the form paint event.  This makes the mouseover highlight work, but the recent filelist control still always has a white background no matter what the visual theme, so I've had to set the rest of the form to white background, and the separators to white background manually instead of applying the theme.
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2018 at 2:16am
still not solved in 18.4.0
I can set the property to make it seeem like it will use the syystem icons, but it still doesn't
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic