Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Started - noob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
troposphere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troposphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Started - noob
    Posted: 16 January 2018 at 5:54am
Thank you, that's good information. I will study those links.

cluster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cluster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 4:46am
here the keywords are
subclassing
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb773183(v=vs.85).aspx

DDX_ mechanism
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2250970/whats-the-correct-way-to-create-a-subclass-of-a-mfc-control

For example, if you create a button with the dialog designer and you add a member control variable CButton m_myButton (which is subclassing with the DDX_ mechanism) than you just change CButton to CXTPButton
Windows 7
Visual Studio 2013
CodeJock 18.6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troposphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 6:13pm
Thank you for you response.

However I was hoping I could get answers to my most important questions:

Since the Toolkit Pro controls do not show up in the Visual Studio toolbox, how would I add a control from the CodeJock library to my dialog?

Must I create and configure the CodeJock controls all in code? Do they not work with the dialog designer?
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 3:21pm
The best way to get started using XTP is by working through the samples that are most similar to your particular application structure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troposphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:53pm
Working with Toolkit Pro for MFC. My order is number 101325.

With regular MFC, I'm used to putting controls onto a dialog box, and then adding a variable of the type that wraps the control from the MFC library.

How does this change when I'm using the Toolkit Pro?

Since the Toolkit Pro controls do not show up in the Visual Studio toolbox, how would I add a control from the CodeJock library to my dialog?

Must I create and configure the CodeJock controls all in code? Do they not work with the dialog designer?

I'm confused. Please explain how to get started using the Toolkit Pro library.

Thanks,
Rich
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic