FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

18.2.0 - Most demos not HiDPI compliant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BobC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18.2.0 - Most demos not HiDPI compliant
    Posted: 22 November 2017 at 4:04pm
Marco: while I'm not running the Fall Creator's Update to Windows 10 yet, I have built the Report Sample and other demos with 18.2 and run them on a 4K monitor at native resolution, and I am not seeing the problems you report.

I don't doubt you, but the problems may not be was widespread.

I am running Windows 10 Pro, version 1703, build 15063.726.
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 6:14am
I made a short test with latest 18.2.0 demo sample apps.
All apps are looking fine so far on a normal (old) screen.

But testing the same apps on a MS surface (Win 10 creators update), all app have massive problems in rendering text and icons properly.
Text is overlapping in many cases, close buttons are much too small, frame border too small, toolbar icons are blurry, calendar office 2010 theme does not scale at all, chart text too small, and so on...

Seriously, I really recommend to buy some kind of HiDPI screen or a regular MS surface tablet and fix these problems.
If all is fine, change the desktop zoom level in Windows settings to 125% or 150%. Many customers use these settings on their HiRes screens. Retest your demos again. This is a MUST work!

In the moment, 18.2.0 is much worse than 18.0.1 has been regarding HiDPI! Sorry.
Was really looking forward to 18.2.0 to get all DPI stuff fixed. So disappointing.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic