Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Exceptions "eaten up" by DockingPane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exceptions "eaten up" by DockingPane
    Posted: 08 June 2005 at 1:39pm
Hi,

Normally, when a C# application throws an exception, the execution of the program is immediately stopped and a message box is displayed with details of the exception. That's the desired behavior.

An application that uses the ActiveX DockingPane behaves differently: in some cases, the exception is "eaten up" somewhere. The program keeps running, no message box appears. Of course, the program is not stable anymore so this is not a good situation.

I suspect that this behavior is related to the Docking Pane. It may be typical of ActiveX controls in .NET environment, I don't know. Also, it happens only sometimes - in many cases the information about the exception is displayed and the program ends. I'm not sure if it is related to the type of exception thrownor to the context.

Can someone more knowledgable in the area of DockingPane and/or ActiveX components comment on this?

Thanks in advance

Michal Blazejczyk
rkosbab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkosbab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 12:39pm

Hi Michal,

I have a C# app that calls the ActiveX DockingPane control. It's generally pretty stable. However I experience intermittent exceptions which just flash on the screen on shutdown. I've narrowed it down to this cause:

My app contains SyncFusion Menu bars, if I exit the app via the Syncfusion menu-bar "File -> exit", the app shut's down correctly. If I close the app via the 'X' button in the top-right frame I recieve the exception. However, I don't know of any workarounds or fixes(aside from buying CodeJock's commandbars and redesigning/replacing all my existing Syncfusion menus with CodeJock's). Maybe CodeJock will come out with a .NET flavor of their dockingPane?

Ross Kosbab
C# calling ActiveX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic