Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPButton displaying flat by default

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhfritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPButton displaying flat by default
    Posted: 25 July 2017 at 9:38am
When we ran under XTP v15.x, CXTPButtons appeared both 3D and had the "ShowFocus" property -- if that's what the color change when the cursor was over the button is called.

When we upgraded to XTP v17.x, all the CXTPButton derived buttons seemed to revert to flat but still had the ShowFocus property.   Following the code in the Button example, I now find that in order to get the controls to look 3D, I have to call SetUseVisualStyle(0).  But then I lose the ShowFocus property.

Of course, between versions of XTP we upgraded from XP to 7 to 10.   But was there some sort of default "theme" change that caused the 3D look to go away?   Setting the ShowFocus() property does not work when using SetUseVisualStyle(0).   And the Button example shows all controls with focus for all themes except Flat and Standard.  And is flat now the Win7/10 UI standard?  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic