Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Documentation quality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Documentation quality
    Posted: 01 July 2017 at 6:26pm
I like the code quality and the amount of time I save by using Toolkit Pro, but I'm disappointed in the quality of the documentation. While there is a lot of documentation about what the classes/method/members are, there is not nearly enough said about what they do or how to use them.

When I'm not clear on how to use some code, I scan the Samples and see what I can find, which is enough to get me started. But even that is often deficient.

For example, method SetScheme of CXTPReportBehavior has no information about what values it accepts or what those values mean. Three sample programs show the method being used, but neither the samples nor the documentation of XTPReportBehavior Enumeration say anything about what those values mean. If I select one of the behaviors, what should I expect?

Similarly, the descriptions of almost all of the methods and members are useless:  "This is SetScheme, a member of class CXTPReportBehavior" just points out the obvious without telling me anything useful.

While I don't expect a Petzold-like book, explanations of what the classes and methods do would go a long way toward making the product a joy to use instead of being a frustration.

Bob Clarke

mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2017 at 5:10am
+1 Clap
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
gibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2017 at 8:17am
All Codejock documentation is the extremely negative side:
Confusing and inadequate, extremely poor quality.

Resign yourself Ouch
gibra
CJ SuiteControl v: 13.x to 19.x
Windows 10 64bit
VS2019 - VB6.0 SP6
<a href="http://nuke.vbcorner.net/Home/tabid/36/language/en-US/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow">VS/VB 6.0 Installer v6.8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic