Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caption Bar Text Cropped

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caption Bar Text Cropped
    Posted: 28 December 2016 at 8:30am
Why does XTP crop the caption bar text and appends ...? The full text is "Properties" and there is plenty of room in the panel caption bar:

olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2016 at 12:26pm
version of ToolkitPro ? version of VS, windows, name of control, theme ? skin ? source code for control initialization...
MacW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2016 at 12:53pm
XTP 17.3.0
Office 2010 skin

LRESULT OnDockingPaneNotify(...)

if (wParam == XTP_DPN_SHOWWINDOW)
  CXTPDockingPane* pPane = (CXTPDockingPane*)lParam;
    if (!pPane->IsValid()) {
      p = new ...
      p->Creeate(
      p->SetDockingPane(pPane);
      p->SetTitle(L("Properties..."));
      pPane->Attach(p);
      p->SetOptions(xtpPaneNoFloatable|xtpPaneNoCloseable);

olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 3:42pm
Hello,

I can't reproduce this issue. As I understood you use theme Office2010 Black,  not skin. Can you reproduce this with our example PaneSample ?

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
MacW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 5:59pm
I can repro this still in 18.3. VS 2017. W10. 4K monitor with 150% font-scalng.
I think I use what you call the Office2010 theme. It's hard to understand all the themng in XTP, where apparently every panel and control needs to be configured separatel - and the docs are of no use.

This is not for all panels, only for some panels. XTP has no problems displaying the caption "Properties" in some panels, but in others it clips them and adds ... This is independent from the panel with, tool.

I have given details already in the bug reports I have created via your email interface over the past couple of months. Please see there for more details.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic