Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[solved] FlatEdit BackColor problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hexxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [solved] FlatEdit BackColor problem
    Posted: 09 November 2016 at 9:15am
Funny behavior when i change a FlatEdit control's BackColor property to vbButtonFace in vb6, the property value lost with closing the owner form. Any other value is keeping fine.

Windows 7 32bit - Hungarian Codejock Suite Controls 17.x
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2016 at 1:33pm
Hello,

I can't reproduce this with Suite Controls v17.2 and v17.3 (win7 x86). What version do you use ? Maybe some addition settings?

Regads,
 Oleksandr Lebed
hexxa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hexxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 4:59am
Hi!

I'm using the flatedit in VB6. This issue appeared from 17.0. in developing time. Before versions was fine. Try to reproduce this way:

Open a VB6 Form.
Put on a FlatEdit Control.
Set it's backColor to system 'ButtonFace' value.
Run the project.
---> The Flatedit Backcolor remains the original "Window Background"
If you just close the form in developing time and open again the "ButtonFace" value is changing back same way.

hexxa.
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 5:13am
Smile I thought that you describe crash  when set  myFlatEdit.BackColor = vbButtonFace  

"
the property value lost with closing the owner form".

ok, I will check...
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2016 at 4:52am
Hello hexxa,

I found reason of this behaviour.
On creating control (or other calling DoPropExchange method) If color of FlatEdit is the same as ambient, then it will be changed to default ("Window Background" &H80000005& for FlatEdit). But if you set color of form to some other  e.g. "Desktop" (&H80000001&), then you can set "Button Face" (&H8000000F&).  This was introduced sometime between versions 15.3.1 and 16.2.4 in 2013y, when changed using custom colors for some ActiveX controls. The same behaviour has ComboBox, ListBox, TreeView, HexEdit and FlatEdit.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 7:54am
Hi,

I decide to fix this behavior. If you have possibilities to set that back color in runtime why you can't do this in design time. This relates also to ForeColor of those controls (ComboBox, ListBox, TreeView, HexEdit and FlatEdit).

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
hexxa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hexxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 7:46am
Thank you! I'm wating for the next release!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic