Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CommonDialog crashes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnoutdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CommonDialog crashes
    Posted: 18 October 2016 at 11:18am
Using CJ v16.3 (but also happens on 13.0!)

When showing the Common Dialog on Windows 10 64bit in a skinned application, the application often crashes when the Common Dialog is opened/shown.
The first time a Common Dialog is shown (.ShowOpen) it can take up to 10 seconds, but then the Common Dialog crashes and so does the application.
Each next time the .ShowOpen is called the application crashes immediately.

It doesn't make any difference whether I use the MS Common Dialog or the CJ Common Dialog.

This does not happen on our own test machine running W10 64bit, but a lot of customers do experience this problem. On these machine showing the BrowseForFolder freezes the application, no matter if I use direct API calls or the CJ CommonDialog.

When creating a test application which does not do any skinning the problem does not occur.

Is there a way to exclude the CommonDialog and the BrowseForFolder dialog (either MS or CJ) from skinning?

On our own test machine the application works normally, but the CommonDialog has some strange glitches in the pathname, see the red circles.
For some reason "?" are shown in front of each directory name.

VB6 SP6, SuitePro 16.3.0 / 18.2.0, Win10/64
flowfact View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowfact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 11:20am
Hi Arnoutdv,

yes you can use
m_oSkinFramework.ExcludeModule "test.dll"

olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 2:49pm
Hi, may be this helps.
Arnoutdv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnoutdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2016 at 3:40am
As advised I'm going to add:
SkinFrameWork.ExcludeModule "AcLayers.dll"

I will report the results in this thread
VB6 SP6, SuitePro 16.3.0 / 18.2.0, Win10/64
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic