Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Codejock Skin Builder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felix1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Codejock Skin Builder
    Posted: 21 March 2016 at 6:11am
Hi,
I am currently trying to create my own skin for Visual C++ using the Codejock Skin Builder. 
I have tried customizing the controls through skin builder itself but it wont implement my changes. I have also tried changing the .ini files for the corresponding themes but this also has no effect on the theme. Could somebody help me by putting together a simple tutorial or example on how to create custom skins using skin builder? I am very confused as to why the things that I have tried don't work.

Best regards
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 3:50pm
Hello,

You can find info about skinning in help file
C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\Xtreme ToolkitPro v17.1.0\Help\SymbolReference.chm

"Toolkit Pro v17.1" > "Skin Framework" > Classes > "CXTPSkinManager Class" >  "CXTPSkinManager  Methods" > "CXTPSkinManager::LoadSkin Method"  and other topics

With SkinBuilder you create .cjstyles file. Then in code you load this skin file. For example see our sample c:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\Xtreme ToolkitPro v17.1.0\Samples\SkinFramework\SkinCommCtrl\MainFrm.cpp
CMainFrame::~CMainFrame()
{
    XTPSkinManager()->LoadSkin(NULL);
}

void CMainFrame::OnSkin(UINT nID)
{
    m_nSkin = nID;

int nSkin = nID-200;
    XTPSkinManager()->LoadSkin(GetStylesPath() + skins[nSkin].pszPath, skins[nSkin].pszIni);

if (NULL != GetSafeHwnd())
     RedrawWindow(0, 0, RDW_INVALIDATE|RDW_UPDATENOW|RDW_ERASE|RDW_ALLCHILDREN);
}

or  Samples\SkinFramework\SkinMDISample\MainFrm.cpp

About themes - .ini  files should be compiled to appropriate dll library. For example after changes in Office2013Access.ini  you need to rebuild Office2013.dll  (project Source\Styles\Office2013\Office2013.dsw).
For example you can see Samples\Ribbon\RibbonSample\MainFrm.cpp, methods CMainFrame::OnOptionsStyle, CMainFrame::SetTheme, CMainFrame::SetCommandBarsTheme.

Regards,
Oleksandr Lebed
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2016 at 5:50am
More better description of skinning in ActiveX help file
c:\Program Files\Codejock Software\ActiveX\Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX v17.0.0\Help\SymbolReference.chm

You can download evaluation version of SuitPro from www.codejock.com to get chm.
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2016 at 10:55am
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

I attached a picture of the skin builder. I just imported the vista style. You can see in the red rectangle the area on the left to select, then what you can change on the right. you might need to add new entries on the right pane to cover all controls.  For example, if you need to change the font you can modify the skin using the skin builder and modify\override the system metrics for that skin, must set font for each type of control.  

I attached a second picture showing in more detail how to override the desired Font properties. I hope it helps.  This same method applies to all properties.

olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2016 at 11:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic