Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VB6 - MSFlexgrid scrollbars disabled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsuzarten@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VB6 - MSFlexgrid scrollbars disabled
    Posted: 14 March 2016 at 10:24pm
I have VB6 applications. 

In some workstations, when I have a window form with a MSFlexgrid control, I canĀ“t use the vertical scrollbar for move to the next rows, because it looks disabled, and click has no effect in that.

Is there a solution for that behaviour?
fsuzarten@gmail.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsuzarten@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2016 at 5:10pm
I have published that case as an issue #34899, and it was submitted in March 15 to the support area.

Is there some answer for that?
Shabbir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shabbir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 10:05am
Hi Ya, I am finding the same problem in development mode it is fine when in runtime mode on windows 10 the scrollbars are disabled.

I reported it in January 2016.

Can someone fix this problem, or give a work around.

Shabbir
john_d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote john_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2016 at 11:21am
Hi all

I also encountered this issue and have been able to resolve it.  

In our app, we have a logon form and MDI form that both contain the skin framework control. In both forms I declared the following at the top:
Private Declare Function LoadLibrary Lib "kernel32" Alias "LoadLibraryA" (ByVal lpLibFileName As String) As Long

On both forms, before the skin is loaded, I used this line of code:
LoadLibrary "MSFLXGRD.OCX" 

This fixes the issue where the msflxgrd control doesn't skin properly, and the scrollbars don't work in Windows 8 or 10.

It seems some controls need to be in memory for the skinning to function correctly.

The following previous forum items gave me the answer:

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22641&KW=scroll&PID=73602&title=resolvedskinframework-mdi-windows-8-sstab-bug#73602

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17251&title=ms-rtf-skinning

Hope this is useful...

Regards, JD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic