Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Input of Accented Characters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Input of Accented Characters
    Posted: 30 January 2016 at 3:11pm
I have the Suite Controls Text box on a form in a VB6 application and when used by a customer with their Windows input language set to Upper Sorbian (Germany) with the Sorbian Extended keyboard, there are some characters that cannot be entered correctly.

With this keyboard, many characters are entered via a combination of an alternate shift key followed by a letter. For example, if you hold the accent (~ `) key in  the upper left of the keyboard and press y you get ž. If you do this with the letters yero you should get žěřô. However, when you are typing into the suite controls textbox, you only get žerô. There are other keys that don't work too, but this is a good simple example. I can enter those four characters in Notepad and they all appear correct and I can copy and paste them into the Codejock Textbox and then they appear correctly. You just can't type them in with the keyboard and I am looking for some way to fix this.

I've tried changing various regional settings in Windows 10 but nothing corrects this. Since I'm sure many people have turned to these controls for Unicode support in VB6, I was hoping someone would know a solution for this.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic