Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Toolkit Pro, Suite Pro 17.0.0 Release Candidate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toolkit Pro, Suite Pro 17.0.0 Release Candidate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
derekl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toolkit Pro, Suite Pro 17.0.0 Release Candidate
    Posted: 11 January 2016 at 7:29pm
Final Release 17.0.0 does not work after install.
I get 'The license file for the specified ActiveX control was not found' when trying to add any of the controls to a form.

Windows 8.1
Unicode Controls.
Progress OpenEdge 11.5 SP1
Sergio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sergio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 6:24am
Hi,

The release 17.0.0 unfortunately still has all bugs mentioned on my reply dated of 18th December 2015.

We cannot release our software without these fixes.

The problem is coming from your side, I simply tried to open your Office2010.skinproj with your Codejock Skin Builder (#1 in red), both coming from the release 17 and I still saw the problems:

#2 The tab is highlighted also when the mouse isn't over it.
#3 The combobox dropdown list is still wrongly drawn.

Please take some time to fix them and read my reply dated of 18th December 2015 again to see the other bugs.

Regards
Sergio
itsmg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 4:33am
I'm sorry,

i have to run the regsvr32 command as admin to unregister the ocx successfully. Dead

anyway,
the controls doesn't work. I've uninstalled and installed the version again.
 it seems that the license files are faulty. maybe something with the copyright line. there are differences between the release candidate and the release version.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 20.1.0 (unicode)

Platform: Windows 11 (64bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
itsmg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 4:00am
Hi,

the release version doesn't work.
For example, placing the taskpanel on a form results with an exception "license not found".
Also when I try to unregister the ocx files I get an exception from regsvr32 with error code 0x80040200.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 20.1.0 (unicode)

Platform: Windows 11 (64bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 12:07am
Hi Everyone!

Version 17.0 has been officially released!  Please check release notes for a full list of fixes and features. http://www.codejock.com/products/release_notes.asp
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
Sergio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sergio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 5:03am
Hi Fredrik,

For your information, regarding my post dated on 18th December 2015, the bug #4 only (MDI windows borders) seems to be fixed when compiling the project with Visual Studio 2015 instead of 2013.

Regards
Sergio
evoX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evoX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 8:16pm
In the 17 RC, XAML TextBlock, there is no font antialiasing. Larger text with 100 fontsize looks very ugly with visible jagged edges even on 2560x1440 screen resolution. FontQuality="ClearType" has no effect.

Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro 19.30
Platform: Windows 10 64bit
Language: Visual C++ (VS 2019)
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2015 at 6:36am
Tree Control (Check boxes, bigger icons, lines, centering etc. ...) has been reported so many times and it's still not working!
CJ, why is it so hard to fix and test it completely with according care?

scottp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scottp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 9:50pm
I have several bugs open with support against beta 3 that have not be resolved in v17 RC.
  1. 34363 -  Tree control not rendering correct with high DPI (200%) - the + expand and check box overlap
  2. 34383 - 17.0 beta 3 bug - Tooltip size calculations incorrect at 125% DPI .  The problem is sloppy DPI adjustment of the padding    - XTP_DPI_X(10 + 15) is not equivalent to XTP_DPI_X(10) + XTP_DPI_X(15) because of integer rounding
  3. 34485 -  Markup rendering is not using the correct font and/or rendering fonts badly . This is especially evident with italics
(These were based on toolkit built with VS2013 MBCS build on Windows 10, with DPI settings at 125% and 200%)

I hope you will spend time to rectify these bugs before the final release.
Sergio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sergio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 5:07am
Hi Fredrik,

I did a copy/paste of your source code, you'll see that you are using an ASSERT in upper case there...

Regarding windows painting problems, we have:

1. The dropdown icon is strange and has too much white pixels around it.

2. A) Control tab is drawn as highlighted also when the mouse isn't over it.
B) There's a bug on the bottom part, pixels aren't continuous as before, and some pixels are drawn outside of limits.

3. A) The total height of the top-level frame (mainframe caption and ribbon bars) is now bigger and consumes more vertical space as before.
B) Buttons of your MDI switcher control aren't as beautiful as before. They are also misaligned, the left and right arrows aren't at the same vertical position.

4. MDI windows borders have changed, they are now bigger and they don't are drawing properly.

5. As mentioned by someone else, we also have the combobox bug, it's visible on your samples projects.

Please check and fix all these issues.

Thanks & Regards
Sergio
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by MarkusA MarkusA wrote:

I have reported a Bug in Beta 3 (Border of Combobox Drop Down List not drawn correctly) --> http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22750&PID=74131&title=problems-with-beta3#74131 This error still exists in the v17 Release Candidate.
We are looking into this now, thanks for bringing it to our attention.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by xang xang wrote:

VS2015 theme on Ribbon indeed broken
I am checking into problems with the Ribbon Sample and will see that it is updated for the final release.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Kenneth Kenneth wrote:

The Codejock Deploy Wizard, select primary visual C++ version panel has all versions of Visual C++ greyed out and none can be selected.
Can you check and make sure you installed the Visual C++ projects for the version of Visual Studio you are using?  It will disable those selections if you do not install the Visual Studio project files.  Also, make sure you have uninstalled all previous beta versions prior, thanks.
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 4:53pm
Hi Sergio - I take it back: we're using "assert" defined in assert.hpp and not "ASSERT"....  As in 
if (bla bla bla)
{
   assert(!"This is a test");
   return;
}
Windows 10, Visual Studio 20157, Toolkit Pro 18.3.0
Sergio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sergio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 6:40am
Hi,

Regarding #1 I need some time to check, it's perhaps due to our skin images that need to be modified according to Codejock's changes.

Regarding #2 I think there's a bug, you should move the text string to a comment just after the ASSERT. It's just working because a string pointer is never NULL. Microsoft defines the ASSERT macro as:
#define ASSERT(f)          DEBUG_ONLY((void) ((f) || !::AfxAssertFailedLine(THIS_FILE__LINE__) || (AfxDebugBreak(), 0)))
Please search for ASSERT(" in your code source, you have some other places.
Your text doesn't appears on Microsoft debug assertion dialog boxes.

Regards,
Sergio
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Sergio Sergio wrote:

1) Did you change Windows borders sizes? We have now larger and ugly borders around our MDI windows.
2) Why are you defining a string inside an ASSERT?

Regarding #1 I see big ugly borders on non-themed MDI windows (i.e. default MFC window borders) but not for windows where we call EnableFrameTheme(pCommandBars);  ...?

Regarding #2 you will see the message in the assert message dialog if it asserts. Can be handy at times even though I don't use it much myself. In release mode it is not compiled anyway.

Sergio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sergio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 12:14pm
Hi,

1) Did you change Windows borders sizes? We have now larger and ugly borders around our MDI windows.

2) Why are you defining a string inside an ASSERT?

This isn't readable and uses more resource space for nothing.

AFX_INLINE CXTPPaintManagerAFX_CDECL XTPPaintManager() {
	ASSERT("A call to XTPPaintManager() must be made between calls to " 
		"CXTPPaintManager::GetInstanceAddRef() and CXTPPaintManager::ReleaseInstance(). "
		"A call to CXTPPaintManager::GetInstanceAddRef() has not been made yet."
		&& NULL != CXTPPaintManager::s_pInstance);

return CXTPPaintManager::s_pInstance;
}
Thanks,
Regards
Sergio
xang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 7:51am

Product: Xtreme Toolkit Pro (MFC) version 18.0.1 (with 1-year maintenance)
Platform: Windows 10 RS2 (x64)
Language: Visual C++
MarkusA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MarkusA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 4:38am
Hi,

I have reported a Bug in Beta 3 (Border of Combobox Drop Down List not drawn correctly) --> http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22750&PID=74131&title=problems-with-beta3#74131

This error still exists in the v17 Release Candidate.

Greetings
MarkusA
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2015 at 11:41am
Not sure whether it is only a bug in the RibbonSample.exe sample, but the dockable pane caption buttons do not look correct for the Visual Studio 2015 themes. 

Also, for (at least) 2013 and 2015 themes, if you start dragging a pane it is blank until you drop it:

Sunil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2015 at 6:08am
Hello,

With Windows 10 November update, the title bars can have a color. For the ribbon bar's quick access controls in the title bar it is a problem as the icons may be the same as the title bar color.

The ribbon bars should override and disable coloring as it does in office 2016 or when CommandBars.AllowFrameTransparency(false)

I am using Windows 7 them and I can set CommandBars.AllowFrameTransparency(false) to disable the coloring but this will also the windows control buttons themes, which I want it to be the windows default. So basically it should disable coloring when CommandBars.AllowFrameTransparency(false) as well.

Sunil
Sunil R.
Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 9:42pm
Another thing I observed was in Beta 3, the Deploy Wizard was 810KB in size and its icon had a blue color screen. On the Release Candidate, the Deploy Wizard is 386KB and its icon had a green screen.

Ken
Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 5:58pm
I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 10 and testing with the Toolkit Pro, Suite Pro 17.0.0 Release Candidate. I installed the release and when the Deploy Wizard started, it got to the panel that asked for the Visual Studio version, all of the options were greyed out and none could be selected.

It appeared to be using a different deploy wizard then it did for the beta 3 I tested last week.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Kenneth Kenneth wrote:

The Codejock Deploy Wizard, select primary visual C++ version panel has all versions of Visual C++ greyed out and none can be selected
Can you please provide me with the following information:

1. Version of Windows.
2. Visual Studio Version(s) you have installed.
3. Versions of Codejock product(s) you have installed.

This will help us to try and reproduce the problem on our end, thanks!
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by terrym terrym wrote:

I am using Windows 10 Pro with Visual Studio 2015 and all working fine with exception Ribbon Themes still do not work.
I just checked the Calendar Sample with v17 Release Candidate and I don't notice any issues with the Visual Studio 2015 Ribbon:

Make sure you are loading the resource DLL as the first step before you set any themes.

You can use the built in CXTPThemeDll manager and pass in the INI file name constant located in "Source\Common\XTPResourceImage.h".

This will automate loading the resource DLL's for you, for example: 
XTPThemeDLL()->SetHandle(xtpIniVisualStudio2015Dark); // always load theme DLL first.
CXTPPaintManager::SetTheme(xtpThemeVisualStudio2015);
xang View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 10:20am
VS2015 theme on Ribbon indeed broken.
Product: Xtreme Toolkit Pro (MFC) version 18.0.1 (with 1-year maintenance)
Platform: Windows 10 RS2 (x64)
Language: Visual C++
terrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2015 at 7:49pm
I am using Windows 10 Pro with Visual Studio 2015 and all working fine with exception Ribbon Themes still do not work.  We have upgraded to 17.0 (C++ MFC) from 10.4.2 (C++ MFC).  All worked before the upgrade, any pointers as to what has changed since?
Thank you,
Terry Mancey

email terry@tmancey.ltd.uk | linkedin www.tmancey.ltd.uk | twitter @tmancey
Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2015 at 12:27pm
I am using Windows 10. This worked in the beta 3.
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2015 at 2:03am
Hi Kenneth,

Which version of OS Window are you using to deploy?

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2015 at 5:52pm
The Codejock Deploy Wizard, select primary visual C++ version panel has all versions of Visual C++ greyed out and none can be selected.

If I select the "Next" button, it defaults to Visual C++ version 10.00, which I do not have.

This was not a problem in the last beta!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic