Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Critical bug w/Windows 10 x64 & XTPShellTree

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rconn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Critical bug w/Windows 10 x64 & XTPShellTree
    Posted: 05 December 2015 at 3:08pm
I have an app that is using the XTPShellTree & XTPShellList & XTPShellPidl classes with Visual Studio 2013.

A critical bug has appeared with x64 apps & Windows 10 x64. (Not sure exactly when the Windows 10 problem originated, but it definitely is broken in the November Update.) The "My PC" folder in the tree view cannot be expanded, which means that nothing on the C:, D:, etc. drives can be accessed through the tree control. Clicking on "My PC" shows the contents in the list view window, but the tree/folder view window will not expand it by clicking on the >, double clicking, pressing enter, etc.

Other entries in the tree view (external drives, Libraries, users, control panel, etc.) work as expected. Everything also works as expected with 32-bit in Windows 10, and with 32-bit or 64-bit in Windows 7.

I thought at first the problem was with my app, but your sample app "GUI_Explorer" (16.4.0) has the same problem. I tried GUI_Explorer in 17.0.0, but it was even worse -- it won't display anything at all in the Folder view.

I don't know if this is a Codejock issue or a Windows 10 bug, but I've got several thousand users beating on me to come up with a fix. I've been debugging XTPShellTreeBase.cpp and can see that the GetName method is returning an empty string for the child names of "My PC", but I haven't yet been able to determine why it happens.

Can you please take a look ASAP and let me know if you have a fix or workaround?  (If not, I need to switch to an alternative toolkit as quickly as possible, as my app is dead in the water now.)

Thanks for your help.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic