Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loading and Saving Quick Access Bar buttons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loading and Saving Quick Access Bar buttons
    Posted: 28 July 2015 at 6:58am
Hi,

I am trying to save the Quick Access CommandBar to a string which then saves it to our database (user specific options). 

I have followed the example on the Ribbon MDI, but that uses either an XML file to save to. I decided to take the string from the PropExchange (px) Value property as the XML is in there and save it to the database and reload it.

How do I correctly re-apply this XML to the CommandBar like the px.LoadFromFile() method has done? I tried setting the px.Value property with this XML string, however it does not set the bars. If I replace the px.Value with the px.LoadFromFile with the same XML, it appears to work fine!!! If I load the file into a string with the FileSystemObject VB6 class, it still does not add my buttons!!!

px.LoadFromFile() appears to be doing something 'special' to set up the PropExchange so I can apply it to my ribbonbar. Does anyone know what this is, or should I be tackling this a different way?

Thanks!
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.5.0

Platform: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2015 at 8:41am
Anyone from CodeJock know about this? Its a bit of a pain!
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.5.0

Platform: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic