Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

17 beta 1 Pane manager issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 17 beta 1 Pane manager issues
    Posted: 21 July 2015 at 11:00pm
Hi guys, quite liking the beta v 17.

Noticed a few issues though which I don't see here.

1. alpha docking tabs.  When dragging panes around, you see the tabs, and you see the blue transparent indicator of where the tab will be - until you actually hover over a tab at which point it disappears.

2. mouse capture when resizing splitters.  If you move outside the pane manager rect when resizing splitter, it no longer notices mouse up so stays in resizing mode until you reclick.

3. Redraw flicker quite bad when resizing panes.

Adrien
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 11:49pm
Hi Adrien,

I think CodeJock might already have some of these issues fixed:

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22648&title=usesplittertracker

Do your problems go away if you use the splitter tracker feature (panemanager.UseSplitterTracker(TRUE))?

Regards,

Mark R.
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 9:13pm
HI Mark

yeah if you set it to TRUE, but then you don't see content while dragging

I'm also sometimes seeing if a row doesn't go the full width of the report control (not sure how  that happens) then you get the lines stopping in the middle of the control as well.... IOW it stops drawing the lines at the end of the last column.

Would be fantastic if you could resize the last column without having to drag it to the not-last position first, resize then drag back... that's a drag pardon the pun....
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 11:18pm
This one should be fixed in v17 beta 2, have you tried it? Can you please confirm it's working for you?
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 2:20pm
There still appears to be a bug here.

If UseSplitterTracker is set to false, the pane divider isn't redrawn correctly when it is resized.

- Mark R.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2015 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by markr markr wrote:

There still appears to be a bug here.

If UseSplitterTracker is set to false, the pane divider isn't redrawn correctly when it is resized.

- Mark R.

Have you tried this with 17.0 beta 3? If yes, what's your OS, is it real or virtual, what are the theme settings?

Regards,
  Alexander Stoyan
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by astoyan astoyan wrote:

Have you tried this with 17.0 beta 3? If yes, what's your OS, is it real or virtual, what are the theme settings?

Yes, I'm currently running BETA 3 on Windows 10 (non-virtual) with the Office 2010 theme.

Regards,

Mark R.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 2:26pm
Alexander, I noticed that panes are still not themed properly in BETA 3 (e.g. icons don't show up, etc.). Is this something you're still working on, or is it a bug?

- Mark R.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 3:50pm
Can it be reproduced in our samples? Can you please send a screenshot with all visual bugs marked?

Regards,
  Alexander
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 5:56pm
Alexander,

I posted a number of issues regarding beta 3 here:

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22645&FID=112&PR=3&title=toolkit-pro-suite-pro-1700-beta-1-released

I will see if I can reproduce the missing pane icons in one of your samples. I believe I can, as this has been a longstanding problem.

Regards,

Mark R.
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 6:29pm
The splitter is still really broken in Beta 3.

1. If you resize with a splitter, if you change direction during resize (e.g go back and forth) then it doesn't see the mouse up.  If you only go 1 direction (left or right only) then it's ok.

2. Seems to be some really slow timer involved updating the pane manager client area after resize.  Seeing some pretty horrible artifacts here.

Adrien
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 6:30pm
p.s. the direction change thing is not 100%, just to make life easier.
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 6:31pm
p.s. it doesn't draw the actual splitter itself while dragging either, so you get some nasty artefacts underneath that as well.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by astoyan astoyan wrote:

Can it be reproduced in our samples?

Yes, just run the Docking Panel Sample application (pane.exe). Switch the theme to "Office 2010" and the pane tab icons appear. Switch the theme to "Office 2013" and the pane tab icons disappear.

Also please note in the sample how you cannot distinguish one pane from another (when they are docked one top of one another) when using the Office 2013 theme. There really needs to be some kind of border here, I think, otherwise everything just runs together.

Regards,

Mark R.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 8:58pm
BTW, the Docking Pane Sample can also be used to demonstrate some of the drawing glitches that Adrien is referring to.

First, turn off the "Use Splitter Tracker" option in the Docking Pane menu, then grab a pane and drag it around on-screen. You'll that it renders in very "glitchy" fashion as you move it around.

Regards,

Mark R.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 11:17pm
As for the splitter issue, I tried all themese in Debug and Release on Windows 10 and XP, and I cannot see any issue. Can you please try to do some tests with different configurations and OSs and try to figure out if it's cause by some external factors?
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2015 at 12:40pm
Hi Alexander,

Can you please try to do some tests with different configurations and OSs and try to figure out if it's cause by some external factors?

Strange. I can reproduce the problem on all operating systems using the CodeJock sample application. I'll try using a computer with a different graphics adapter when time permits.

Are you sure you're turning off the "Use Splitter Tracker" option in the panes sample when you test this?
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 7:52pm
Hi.  verified on 17.2.0, still have a serious resize redraw problem.

If you have 2 panes and you move the splitter, it only sends the new size to the pane that is shrinking, NOT the one that is growing.  This should be easy to fix.  I'll have a look.
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:12pm
By the way, the 17.2.0 installer didn't remove or override the folder locations in visual studio, so when I rebuilt all projects, they still built with the old CodeJock.  C'mon guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic