Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[solved] v17 Beta 1 Scrollbar problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [solved] v17 Beta 1 Scrollbar problem
    Posted: 02 July 2015 at 9:54am
In XTP 17 beta 1, report control horizontal scrollbars are being shown incorrectly any time the size of the parent window is reduced and the report has the "expand last column" option turned on via:

GetReportHeader()->SetAutoColumnSizing(FALSE);
GetReportHeader()->SetLastColumnExpand(TRUE, TRUE)) 

Here is a screen shot that shows the problem in action (the horizontal scroll bar should not be visible at this point):

Again, I really only see this problem when I'm shrinking the size of the parent window (it doesn't occur when I'm expanding the parent window size).

I use the report control in over a dozen places in my application, and this problem in occurs in all instances. The problem did not exist in v16.30 (which is what I was using previously).

Regards,

Mark R.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 11:22am
Hi Oleksandr,

I'm not sure if it's related to this problem, but horizontal report control scroll bars are not working correctly for me in v17 beta 1.

Specifically, report control horizontal scrollbars are being shown incorrectly any time the size of the parent window is reduced and the report has the "expand last column" option turned on (m_reportCtrl.GetReportHeader()->SetLastColumnExpand(TRUE, TRUE)). 

Here is a screen shot that shows the problem in action (the horizontal scroll bar should not be visible at this point):

In the case shown above, I maximized the dialog window and then restored it to it's normal size. The more dramatic the change in window size, the worse the problem becomes.

I use the XTP report control is many places in my application, and this problem occurs in all instances.

Regards,

Mark R.
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 11:36am
Hello Mark,

Thank you for information. I've moved your post to the current topic.

I'm working on this issue now and you will be notified through this topic (or support ticket #33965) about any progress on this task.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 8:32am
Hello Mark,

I'm glad to inform you that the issue has been fixed. It were my own previous changes to  CXTPReportControl::AdjustLayout() member to fix word breaking in report header. The fix will be available in the next beta or final release. Once you have an update installed, please make sure everything works as expected, let me know if there are any issues left.

Regards,
Oleksandr Lebed
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 10:16am
Hi Oleksandr,

That's great new, thanks. I'm looking forward to getting access to a new beta build for testing.

Regards,

Mark R.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic