Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [RESOLVED]SkinFramework, MDI, WIndows 8 SStab bug?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[RESOLVED]SkinFramework, MDI, WIndows 8 SStab bug?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [RESOLVED]SkinFramework, MDI, WIndows 8 SStab bug?
    Posted: 23 June 2015 at 5:53pm
I have a scenario where our application works fine on pre-Windows 8 machines, but fails to skin correctly on Windows 8.

I've nailed down the steps to reproduce to these conditions:
1. Create an MDI environment using VB6
2. Add a form, such as Form1 (does not have to be an MDI child)
3. Add an SSTab (Microsoft Tabbed Dialogue Control) to the Form1 (plus any other controls you want to test)
4. Add a SkinFramework control to the MDI parent form
5. configure SkinFramework like so:
  SkinFramework.LoadSkin App.Path + "\Office2007.cjstyles", ""
  SkinFramework.ApplyOptions = xtpSkinApplyColors Or xtpSkinApplyFrame Or xtpSkinApplyMetrics
  SkinFramework.AutoApplyNewThreads = True
  SkinFramework.AutoApplyNewWindows = True

When running the compiled app on Windows 7 or lower, all controls will skin correctly.
When running the compiled app on Windows 8, the SSTab is the only control to not be skinned correctly.

I currently own the Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX (2009 Vol 4) v13.4.1, but was trying this out on the latest (16.4.0) code hoping this was just an easy upgrade issue.

Is this a valid bug or is there some sort of work-around that I can do to get all controls to skin properly?

Thanks,
JR

I also want to note that this affects the MSFlexGrid scroll bars as well. They do not seem to skin/draw correctly and will actually freeze in this configuration.
jimr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jimr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 1:18pm
This link solved my issue:
http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17251&title=ms-rtf-skinning

This fixed both my problems:
msflxgrd.ocx (MS Flex Grid) - scrollbar would not draw correctly and did not work
tabctl32.ocx (SSTab) - the foreground was not colored in correctly

Following the linked article by using LoadLibrary on those two ocx's fixed the problem perfectly!

john_d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2016 at 11:24am
Thank you for this post.  This has fixed our issue in Windows 8 and 10 with the msflxgrd not skinning properly and having non-functional scrollbars.

Appreciate you taking the time to post it.  I have also responded to another post which may well be the same thing here:

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22962&MF=Y&PID=75124&#75124

Cheers, JD

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic