Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First experiences with Windows 10?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klausd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First experiences with Windows 10?
    Posted: 05 May 2015 at 7:12am
Hi,

Has anyone first experiences with running Toolkit Pro on Windows 10?

Thanks,
Klaus
Insad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Insad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 5:23am
Afaik no issues; our testers are testing Win10 as well and I have not heard any issues so far Tongue

Products in use: XTP version 13.4.2/15.3.1/16.4.0/17.3.0
Platforms: Win2003(R2)/Win2008(R2)/Win7/Win2011/Win8(.1)/Win2012(R2)/Win10 (x86/x64)
Langs: VC++ (MFC) 6/2005/2008/2013/2015/2017
g_j_a_i_n View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g_j_a_i_n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2015 at 2:09am

I am using XTP 15.2.1. Users are complaining that the app is extremely slow to launch and not responsive, not usable on Windows 10.

We have disabled all other app related features except XTP and found it to be very slow.

Anyone, please help.
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2015 at 4:44pm
We're not seeing any issues, except the white color used in the office 2010 frame doesn't really work.

Also frame caption text is now a lot smaller and no longer centered (offset by the QAT)
vjedlicka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjedlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2015 at 11:26am
I have an issue with docking panels. Please see this video: http://screencast.com/t/QepMRxpYLn

Thank you
Vaclav
---------------------
ToolkitPro 20.1.0
VS2010-2022, Windows 11
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2015 at 2:33pm
We are locking up when we use the Office2010 ribbon theme. We have already filed a problem with the close icons being nearly invisible when on Win7 and using Aero. Now on Win10 with those same themes the app close button on the far right and the MDI close buttons overlap by a few pixels. As the user moves around the two icons they highlight and both can highlight at the same time and that seems to be the key. The app "locks up". The process maxes out the core at 100% cpu usage. The user has to switch to another app and then back before the app frees up. I don't have a dev platform on a Win10 box (these are tester machines) but my observations are this doesn't happen with the Office2007 or Office2013 (white) themes. Also, if we are not maximized, the overlap goes away and the users can't lock us up.

This is with CJ 16.3.1.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 5:32pm
MDI minimize/maximize/restore/close icons for Office2010 blue/silver themes disappear completely. On Win 7 with Aero, they are nearly impossible to see but with Win 10, completely gone. Also, adding to my above post, with no document open, maximizing the app and moving over the close icon with any icons below can lockup. We have the "minimize all", "maximize all" etc. icons (disabled with no doc open) and the system close icon overlaps them too. Turning off frame transparency fixes the lockup but we see other anomalies when we do so with the maximized frame window showing a "ghosting" effect under the Windows task/app bar - but only if the task bar is on the left or top of the desktop.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by vjedlicka vjedlicka wrote:

I have an issue with docking panels. Please see this video: http://screencast.com/t/QepMRxpYLn
Was it a release version of Win10 or community preview? Was it 32 or 64-bit? Also, did you run on a real PC or on virtual machine (on which) ?

astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2015 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by rdhd rdhd wrote:

MDI minimize/maximize/restore/close icons for Office2010 blue/silver themes disappear completely. On Win 7 with Aero, they are nearly impossible to see but with Win 10, completely gone. Also, adding to my above post, with no document open, maximizing the app and moving over the close icon with any icons below can lockup. We have the "minimize all", "maximize all" etc. icons (disabled with no doc open) and the system close icon overlaps them too. Turning off frame transparency fixes the lockup but we see other anomalies when we do so with the maximized frame window showing a "ghosting" effect under the Windows task/app bar - but only if the task bar is on the left or top of the desktop.
Can you reproduce the same with the sample apps? If yes, which one exaclty. Otherwise I'd like to ask you to submit a simple sample so that we could debug it. Some of those issues have been already addressed in v17 so I'd like to ask you to re-test and provide a feeback.
Thanks.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 8:32am
I used the ribbon MDI sample. The app icons and the MDI icons overlap. I found I can turn frame transparency off in our app to avoid the problem. I added a line of code to set the command bars hook's "m_bAllowDWM" flag to false and the icons all get smaller. Unfortunately, when I did that, maximizing the app causes a "ghost" rectangle under the task bar if the bar is on the left or top of the desktop. The frame caption (or left edge" of the app isn't under the task bar. So its not clipped by the task bar. There is just a ghost edge along it. I have some images. Here is one of our app maximized on the right monitor with the TB above. Note the "ghost" rectangle also appears to the left of the app frame where it bleeds over onto the left monitor.

This image was on the left monitor. No bleed over on the right side to the right monitor and the ghost rectangle is dimmer.

Finally, a snip of the maximized app when it locks up. Note the close icon overlaps the MDI icons below it. I can just activate another app and then our app to get it out of the cycle where it is processing a non-client mouse move event. I posted details in the ribbon forum on my debugging.

rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 8:37am
vjedlicka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjedlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2015 at 1:56pm
it was on real PC, Windows 10 Pro, with the sample DRAWCLI from Xtreme ToolkitPro v16.2.5

Thank you
Vaclav
---------------------
ToolkitPro 20.1.0
VS2010-2022, Windows 11
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2015 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by vjedlicka vjedlicka wrote:

it was on real PC, Windows 10 Pro, with the sample DRAWCLI from Xtreme ToolkitPro v16.2.5

This issue has been fixed in 17.0 beta 1 if I remember correctly. I've just tried on Win10 Pro on real PC and it's working fine. Please double check and let me know.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 1:02am
Originally posted by rdhd rdhd wrote:

It does look like a bug in Windows 10 when there is more than 1 monitor, here is a screenshot of standard application with the same issue:

By the way, simply copying the screen into clipboard using PrnScr key produced an extra space on top, which is of the exact same height as the overlapping. An if you look closely at logical screens 1 and 2 you will see they are not on the same level, it can be adjust using arrow key, but once you push it as high or low as possible you cannot align them properly afterwards. So it does look like yet one bug in Windows 10.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 5:20pm
astoyan,

You are correct. I see the same thing when I run the Windows display settings UI on the second monitor. Almost looks like the "blur into" stuff Windows had for about one OS version (went away in 8.1).
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2015 at 8:48am
The QAT dropdown image can disappear. We have undo/redo controls on the QAT that have dropdown arrows and they too disappear. Run the RibbonMDISample and change the style to Office 2007 System.

We are using Office 2013 White and they disappear there too. Again, turning off frame transparency fixes all the issues.

I see this with 1.64 and 17. I have not tried Beta 2. But our current product won't be promoted to 17 (our next major release will) so a fix on 16.4 would be useful.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2015 at 11:10pm
I've just tried RibbonMDISample and all seems to work fine. Can you please attach a screenshot what exactly disappears? Does it disappear right away or once hovered by mouse?
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2015 at 1:35pm

Here it is. Note the tool tip displays when I finally "find" the drop down arrow. Again, this is on Win 10 with CJ 17 running with the office 2007 system theme. On my WIn 7 Aero desktop, the caption area is translucent but blue and the drop arrow is white. So is the highlight rect when I am over the drop arrow but the arrow itself is slightly dark so I can still see the drop arrow.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2015 at 5:02pm
Just tested 17 Beta 2 samples on the Win 10 box. Same issues exist with the drop down with 2013 White. Same problem with the MDI document min/max/restore icons when using 2010 Silver/Blue. They just don't show up :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic