Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Loading a skin causes some windows to go crazy.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loading a skin causes some windows to go crazy.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loading a skin causes some windows to go crazy.
    Posted: 22 August 2014 at 3:10pm
I have integrated skins into our application and see the various effects the skins I load have on the app, its windows and controls. But I have some windows that when we display them lock up our app. Spy++ shows me a constant stream of WM_PAINT and painting related Windows messages are being sent to the window.

This is on a per window basis. I took one of our floating windows that has this problem and called the Windows API SetWindowTheme(hWnd, "", ""); to turn off themes for the window. I have used that when MS themes have caused problems in the past hoping that this call will disable whatever Codejock is doing. It made no difference. If I display the window, it still goes crazy with a constant stream of display related messages as seen using Spy++.

This is in CodeJock 16.2.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 2:28pm
We pulled 16.3 and I still see this issue. Now it appears to be a constant stream of WM_UPDATEUISTATE calls to each of the buttons on the window that "locks" us up.
mcmastl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcmastl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 2:02pm
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  If you could provide steps on how to reproduce this issue using one of our sample programs, or if you could provide some sample code it will help us to debug the issue on our end.  We have informed the development team of this issue, if the issue has been resolved please let us know.  
Luke McMasters, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 3:40pm
mcmastl,

I'm sorry but I solved this issue already and failed to post. At one point I had issues with a focus rect on buttons being drawn. I found a work-around for that by calling SendMessage( WM_UPDATEUISTATE, MAKEWPARAM(UIS_CLEAR, UISF_HIDEFOCUS), 0 ) to our dialogs that were affected. That fixed the focus rect issue. And it caused the problem with the theme. The focus rect issue was quite old and I removed my send message code and that fixed the problem with the theme. I tested and didn't see the focus rect issue come back. So basically, I caused the constant display issue as each time the ui state changed, the background was erased and that caused the cycling.

When I added the update ui state code, I did find that I could get a draw message right away so I had a flag I set so that if a background erase came around again, I didn't send the message again. With the theme code, the redraw happened after I sent the WM_UPDATEUISTATE message and returned from the OnEraseBkgnd call.

Bottom line, this is not an issue anymore.
mcmastl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcmastl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 4:16pm
Thanks for the reply, glad to hear the issue is resolved!
Luke McMasters, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic