Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I use Skinbuilder.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I use Skinbuilder.
    Posted: 22 August 2014 at 2:59pm
I have a .msstyles file and I am examining what SkinBuilder can do with the file. So I open the file and go to General/System Metrics and I change the CaptionBarHeight by keying in a new value and hitting return. The preview changes and I see the change in the caption height.

Cool.

Now I want to save out the msstyles file. There is a "Save" icon in the SB UI that is enabled. I click it and the file I opened is not saved to disk. I monitored the file system to see where the file might be getting saved but ProcMon shows no file activity when I click save.

How do I save this file out so I can run my app with it and see the effects of the changes I have made in SB?
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2014 at 9:51am
I finally found out how to do this. The file menu has an export command that exports to a cjstyles file. But it gets tricky. Once I open a skin, the SkinBuilder menu goes completely black. But the menu is still there to I can fish around to get to the commands. And sometimes when I run the export to cjstyles file, the dialog insists on saving the file to a .skinproj file. If that happens, I can manually change the extension to cjstyles and the file gets saved.

So just ignore that "save" button on the toolbar below the menu. It seems to be worthless.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic