Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ribbon Tabs as Browser tabs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ribbon Tabs as Browser tabs?
    Posted: 15 July 2014 at 12:52am
Hello everyone, long time no see.

I believe I may have made a post relating to this one quite some time ago that never got any attention so I believe I'll give it another shot. :)

Basically, I would like to implement a way to use the ribbon tabs as the browser tabs. I was wondering if that may be possible in any way? It's a bit hard for me to explain so I suppose I'll try and show you instead. The picture below is a design concept Its a rough idea of what I'm trying to do with these controls.

I suppose it wouldnt actually have to be the ribbon tabs in order to achieve the desired UI, but I would really appreciate if any of you guys could help. I've been trying for months and havent had any luck trying to implement this. Not sure if it can be done. But if it turns out not possible, please let me know either way

Thanks in advance!
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 5:23am
I know that I added a combobox into the ribbon some time ago. I believe that the trick was just to call it like this

CXTPControlComboBox* pControlCombo = (CXTPControlComboBox*)pRibbonBar->GetControls()->Add(xtpControlComboBox,IDM_MYCMD);

This probably means, that you can use other controls like xtpControlCustom and xtpControlLabel, and maybe do it that way?

As I remember there was a problem with the ordering of the controls in the ribbon. I believe that I always got it next to the File menu. Maybe that is fixed now?

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 7:55pm
Oh I can easily add any type of controls to the ribbon itself. But to use the ribbon as the browser tabs is a different story. I've been using the tab workspace included, which is sufficient. But it makes for a very cluttered interface. I was wonder if there was a way to remove this and use the ribbon as the tabs/toolbar for the browser instead. :)
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2014 at 4:16am
Ok, now I see. You don't want the ribbon icons, groups etc, but just the ribbon tabs.

I would probably use a Tabbed MDI interface for that. I'm sure that you can make custom tabs there.

Alternatively you can build the tab-like control yourself using Markup?

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic