Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SuitePro 16.4 Beta 2 Bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlissesCappato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SuitePro 16.4 Beta 2 Bug
    Posted: 25 June 2014 at 10:15pm
Hi!

After '16.4 Beta 2' release, LoadSkin method is freezing my project...

May you help me, please?

Thanks,
Ulisses.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 10:45pm
Hi, please try the latest Beta 2.5 released today and let us know if this resolves the problem you were having, thanks!
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
UlissesCappato View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlissesCappato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2014 at 7:07am
Hi, Kirk!

Not yet... :-(

Beta 1 - OK
Beta 2 - Fail
Beta 2.5 - Fail

I'm trying:

With sknPrincipal
        .ApplyOptions = xtpSkinApplyFrame Or xtpSkinApplyMetrics Or xtpSkinApplyMenus Or xtpSkinApplyColors
        .LoadSkin App.Path & "\Resources\" & ResourceFile, ""
        .ApplyWindow Me.hWnd
    End With

Thanks,
Ulisses.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlissesCappato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 10:11am
Hi!

Any idea?

Thanks,
Ulisses.
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 11:31am
Ulisses - did you try the new beta as suggested by Codejock? If so did the problem persist?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by UlissesCappato UlissesCappato wrote:

Hi, Kirk!

Not yet... :-(

Beta 1 - OK
Beta 2 - Fail
Beta 2.5 - Fail

I'm trying:

With sknPrincipal
        .ApplyOptions = xtpSkinApplyFrame Or xtpSkinApplyMetrics Or xtpSkinApplyMenus Or xtpSkinApplyColors
        .LoadSkin App.Path & "\Resources\" & ResourceFile, ""
        .ApplyWindow Me.hWnd
    End With

Thanks,
Ulisses.

Can you reproduce this problem with any of the supplied samples?  This would help us to reproduce the problem on our end, thanks!
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlissesCappato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 8:59pm
Hi, guys!

I have tested 2.5 version (16.4.0.16594) now, but is occurring the same problem. Supplied samples are freezing on load too.

Beta 1 - OK
Beta 2 - Fail
Beta 2.5 - Fail

Windows 8.1 Pro - Visual Basic 6.0

Thanks,
Ulisses.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 11:16pm
Hello Ulisses,

The latest betas have a new major fix for a number of synchronization issues with SkinFramework in multithreaded applications. We did our best to test it as much as possible with our public and internal sample applications, but there still can be specific scenarios where deadlocks may occur, this is where our beta releases help us to fix it before doing an official release.

And it looks like you case is one of those specific scenarios. LoadSkin does not just loads a file into memory, it sets the number of internal hooks to Windows API functions that can be called from several threads, and it initialized internal states and structures for every control and window in your application. This is why it works in a sample application, but not in your application. And this is why we need a sample application from you so that we could debug your specific scenario. There is no need to send the entire app, try to remove parts until the issue disappears, if at all, and send us a minimal as possible application. When you have it just create a new support ticket and upload the code.

Regards,
  Alexander Stoyan
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlissesCappato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2014 at 1:55am
Hi, Alexander!

Thanks for your support and notes. When I comment or remove LoadSkin from SuitePro supplied samples, it works...

How could I help you?

Best regards,
Ulisses.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlissesCappato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2014 at 10:07am
Adding: Intel quad-core computer.
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 8:52pm
Hello Ulisses,

Correct me if I'm wrong, you do get the same issue with SuitePro supplied samples, is that correct? Which one excactly?
Can you please make it hang, then download and run Process Explorer (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653), for the hanging process view Properties, tab Threads, and make screenshots of the Threads tab and stack traces for each active thread (button Stack on the Threads tab)? This will help us understand at least where to look at as on our hardware no such issue happens.

Thank you.
Regards,
  Alexander Stoyan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic