Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTTipWindow, don’t get messages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTTipWindow, don’t get messages
    Posted: 13 May 2005 at 6:39am
Hi,

I'm trying to use the CXTTipWindow exactly like in the demo, but 'm not able to realize the exact behaviour of it.

While the tooltip is displayed, I don't get any messages in my parent window, and therefore I can't react on WM_MOUSEMOVES etc. to modify the tooltip's text, position...

Where's the secret behind it ?

Thx in advance,
Alex
DaveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 2:57pm

I am having this problem also: while the tip is showing, it seems to eat mouse click messages as well.

Did you manage to get around this?

Thanks

Alex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 5:49pm
Hi,

not yet. I'll send a bug report.

Alex
DaveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:30pm

Any news on this issue?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:49am

Hello, try to override CXTTipWindow, addd message map

and add

ON_WM_NCHITTEST()

LRESULT CTipWindow::OnNcHitTest(CPoint)
{
 return (LRESULT)HTTRANSPARENT;
}

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
DaveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 12:17pm

Sorry, that did not seem to make any difference regarding the tip-owning window getting WM_MOUSEMOVES.

However, I just noticed there was a mistake in my previous post: normal mouse click messages are getting forwarded. However, mouse double click messages are not.

To get double clicks, I tried overriding CXTTipWindow::Create and supplying CS_DBLCLKS to the class style, then adding a ON_WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK handler to my tip window class, but that didn't work for some reason.

Any advice?

Thanks

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 3:30pm

Do you hide tooltip after first click? Or you want to double click on tooltip and forward it to owner?

Try to catch WM_LBUTTONDBLCLICK on overriden class and manually send it to owner.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
DaveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 4:11pm

No, I didn't hide the tooltip on WM_LBUTTONDOWN handler in parent class. If I do that, I still miss the first double click, but then since the tooltip is gone if I double click again the parent gets it.

Catching WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK in my CXTTipWindow-derived class is what I tried before. I do not receive any double clicks in my derived class handler. Maybe something in CXTipWindow::ForwardMessage (which is called for the first click) defeats the mechanism that turns two WM_LBUTTONDOWNs into a WM_LBUTTONDLBCLK?

Gandaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 2:13pm
Has there been a solution to this issue? We are having the same problem.
DaveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 2:46pm

Yes, Oleg solved it after I opened a support case.

In a class derived from CXTTipWindow, catch ON_WM_LBUTTONDOWN and add code

void CTestTipWindow::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) {

HideTipWindow();

mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN, 0, 0, 0, 0); }

This hides the tip window AND sends the owner the first click, such that a subsequent second click gets properly recognized as a double click.

Gandaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 3:18pm
Good stuff. Thanks for the help Dave, Oleg!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic