Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tap-and-Hold Right Click Menus on Touch Screens
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tap-and-Hold Right Click Menus on Touch Screens

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikehamsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tap-and-Hold Right Click Menus on Touch Screens
    Posted: 12 November 2013 at 4:03pm
Hello,

We've been troubleshooting a problem with our application in which the tap-and-hold right-click menus are not being activated from UI items that are derived from the CodeJock toolkit classes, such as the ReportControl. Normally, to activate the right-click menus on these touch enabled devices, you can tap on the menu item with your finger or with a stylus and hold it there for a second or two and you are presented with a ring that appears in the clock-wise direction - after it completes one full revolution the right-click context menu for that item is displayed, just as if you'd pressed the right-click menu on the mouse. This is normally handled just fine by the core MFC framework - basically an extended left mouse button down event that manifests itself as a right-click event.

This was working in our application, even with CodeJock derived UI classes, up until version 16.1.x. We just upgraded to the most recent version (16.2.4) and we are still experiencing the same problem.

If we try the same the thing in our non-CodeJock derived MFC dialogs and windows, in the same application, it works just fine, this only seems to be happening with the CodeJock derived UI classes. 

I'm guessing that down at a low level the base implementation of the left button down event may not be getting called on the MFC window derived classed and this is causing problem with the built-in tap-and-hold event handling mechanism of MFC.

Please let me know if anyone else has experience this problem and if there's anything we can do to get it working again.

Thanks,
mike...
g_j_a_i_n View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g_j_a_i_n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 6:19am

Just wondering if CodeJock fixed this issue in recent updates?

Please do let me know.

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 11:27am
I use ActiveX 16.2.6. Just tried tap & hold and on a CommandBars popup menu and it seems to work as a right-click here (Windows 10).
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

g_j_a_i_n View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g_j_a_i_n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2016 at 11:47pm

Thanks a lot @jpbro :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic