Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPTreeCtrl GUI Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikegb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPTreeCtrl GUI Issues
    Posted: 31 October 2013 at 10:26am
Using Toolkit Pro 16.2.4.  Consider the following dialog box with 4 columns of 2 tree controls per column.  Separated as follows:

Column 0, Row 0 - CTreeCtrl
Column 0, Row 1 - CTreeCtrl with images
Column 1, Row 0 - CTreeCtrl with explorer theme  (i.e. Windows SetWindowTheme API)
Column 1, Row 1 - CTreeCtrl with images and explorer theme
Column 2, Row 0 - CXTPTreeCtrl
Column 2, Row 1 - CXTPTreeCtrlwith images
Column 3, Row 0 - CXTPTreeCtrl with explorer theme (i.e. CXTP SetExplorerTheme API)
Column 3, Row 1 - CXTPTreeCtrl with images and explorer theme

With checkboxes enabled, this is how CXTPTreeControl compares to the standard tree control:

Following CXTPTreeControl GUI issues are identified:
  1. As has been previously noted on this forum, CXTPTreeCtrl doesn't handle checkboxes properly when there isn't an image as well (Column 2, Row 0 and Column 3, Row 0).
  2. Not using the themed colors with SetExplorerTheme is enabled.  Compare column 3 with the correct colors in column 1.
  3. Nitpick but the expand/collapse icon is one pixel lower than the standard tree control.  Compare Columns 2,3 with Columns 0,1.
I can fix the GUI issues by using this class instead:

class CXTPTreeCtrlHack : public CXTPTreeCtrl
{
   virtual void DoPaint(CDC& dc, BOOL bInternal) { __super::DoPaint(dc, FALSE); }
};

But then you lose other CXTPTreeControl features.  Wanted to let you know.  Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic