Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bug on ComboBox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efi27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug on ComboBox
    Posted: 18 June 2013 at 5:05am
Hi,
comboBox.Additem method seems to have a bug when you try to put value on the third parameters of this method (itemData)( ex. : combobox1.additem "Blabla",,1
It work until you live your function. As soon as you want to use, VB6 display an error message N° 3420 (Object is not valid)
It seems do not record the value. If you try to use then property itemdata, it's work (combobox.itemData=1)

Eric
efi27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efi27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2013 at 2:55am
Did you see same thing ? if not, is it necessary to change a property value of this element ? may somebody can help me ? thanks in advance..
Eric
ilya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:00am
Please provide a sample demo project illustrating your issue
efi27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efi27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:34am
well, it works BUT i'm just coming to see than if you put a Field value (obj.fields!anyfield_id ), you have the error. You need to put val(obj.fields!anyfield_id) if you want to use .....I don't know why :

Form1.combobox1.additem Value,,.fields!id         ---> Don't work when you want to read the item data
Form1.combobox1.additem Value,,val(.fields!id)   --> Work !!

Any idea ?

Eric

Sorry for my very bad English.....
ilya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 8:52am
Please provide a sample VB demo project illustrating your issue, thanks
efi27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efi27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2013 at 1:44am
uploads/8106/TestCombo.zip
Here we are..... Test and check...
Thanks.

Eric
ilya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2013 at 1:33pm
fields!id returns object, you shouldn't store there a temporary object
efi27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efi27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 1:11am
Yes, i understand but why it work if you use the itemdata property of combox.
i think it would be good to have the same issue with the 3rd parameters of additem, no ?

Eric
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic