Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Chart Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can't find sub/superscripts and printing support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't find sub/superscripts and printing support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't find sub/superscripts and printing support
    Posted: 08 June 2013 at 5:33pm
Where is printing support for charts? Also, I can't figure out how to use superscripts and subscripts in labels and legend. Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael
MichaelN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2013 at 8:00pm
I answered my superscript/subscript question by setting baseline and font size in the Markup.

Printing and saving to an image still have issues in version 16.1. You can easily see the printing issue using the Print command in the provided StockSample chart. I had the same issues in version 15.

I added the PrintDC() and SaveAsImage() methods to the ChartBrowser sample. For both methods, any chart element using fonts does not scale correctly to the output device context. SaveAsImage works correctly only if the image pixel dimensions are exactly the same as the view. PrintDC never works correctly because the page dimensions are never the same as the view. The printed font is always tiny and that causes all the legends and text markers to be wrong. For example, if the page or image dimensions are 4 times larger than the view, then the fonts are 1/4 as large as they should be and all layout involving text is messed up accordingly.

Both BCG and GigaByte chart components print and export to a file correctly. So I assume there must be some initialization or something I am not doing for Chart Pro. Is there a fix?

Michael
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2014 at 3:15pm
We really need chart printing fixed as well. Hasn't worked properly for a while now. Ugh.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic