Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to resize a docking pane from code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidecapod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to resize a docking pane from code
    Posted: 02 April 2013 at 8:20am
Hi all,
I need to programmatically resize a docking pane from code.
My purpouse is to implement a "dynamic" pane that opens and closes with different sizes depending of a context; to do this I call CXTPDockingPaneManager::ShowPane and CXTPDockingPaneManager::ClosePane from code, but I need to set an initial height of the pane when I show it.

I tried to fix the height using SetMinTrackSize and SetMaxTrackSize with the height value I want in the OnDockingPaneNotify handler, and then restoring min/max track size (after some milliseconds with a timer) to allow further resizing from the user.

This seems to work, but sometimes when I manually change the layout of the docking panes (for example, show or hide another pane) my pane gets resized to a wrong size, losing the height I had set with SetMinTrackSize and SetMaxTrackSize.
It seems to me that the SetMinTrackSize/SetMaxTrackSize way does not "fully resize" internally the pane (maybe m_rcWindow and/or m_szDocking?).

How can I do a proper and reliable resizing by code?
Thanks
Davide

mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2016 at 9:08am
Hi;

I need this too!
Any ideas yet?

M.
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 15.3.1, new Projects v 18.0.1
Platform: Windows 8.1 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2015 U
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2016 at 11:30am
To be more specific:

I have two docking panes that are shown in a mutual way at the same docked position.
When pane 1 is shown and resized by the user via splitter the hidden pane 2 should get the size of pane 1 as soon as it becomes visible.
I have no idea where to start from...

Thanks in advance

Martin
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 15.3.1, new Projects v 18.0.1
Platform: Windows 8.1 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2015 U
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic