Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats up with verision 10?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonga00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats up with verision 10?
    Posted: 06 April 2005 at 8:02am

Hello codejock,

when will you release the calendar controls. I hate it to ask you this again and again. Since December 2004 you promised to release the Outlook calendar. First it was scheduled for January, then for February, for March, End of March and now it's April (not only in Germany, I think the USA uses the same calendar???) Meanwhile my customers are very (!) angry because I made promises which I can't keep again. Today I had another call from one my customers asking for the promised calendar functionality in my application.

The only reason to buy your controls whas the ability of the calendar controls. I am very disappointed.

I NEED A DATE!!!!!

your disappointed customer

Michael

flauzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flauzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:02am

Same problem.....

just indicative date... (coarse grain)...

Zonga00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonga00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 3:29am

The one and only problem with Codejock is the horrible service quality. They don't care. I mean I pay for the service with my subscription mode. It's one week ago since I posted this message into their forum and I still didn't get an answer. It can't be so difficult to write one single line. When I look around in this forum I regocnize that many other users have the same problem as I have. The controls are worthless with a bad support.

The problem is now that we used the controls in our application. I don't know any other vendor which delivers good calendar controls for ActiveX. Sure, we bought Infragistics (very good support!) for our .net application but whe still have to support our com-edition.

If anybody who reads this message knows an alternative supplier for ActiveX-calendar controls, please let me know.

Michael

tobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 2:19pm

Yesterday I received a horrible answer about my question for the release date for version 10 which was originally adressed for the end of March !!!

Hello,

We do not have an exact date as yet, but it should be by the end of June. We will be releasing a beta version which is actually release candidate 1 hopefully by the end of April.

Kind regards,
Kirk Stowell

These news totally breaks all my release plans ! I donīt know how a delay of three month can happen ! I now also have to look for alternative solutions !!! So if anybody knows one please let us know.

I agree with Zonga00 the release management of CodeJock is more than worse ! Why canīt anybody post a message if the release dates canīt be kept ?

Zonga00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zonga00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 3:56pm

Hi Tobi,

I am really shocked. The end of June is a joke, isn't it? That makes the control suite worthless. I will write an email to Codejock that I want my money back. I bought a subsription mode under the condition that the calendar functionality would be available in the first weeks of January 2005!

Tobi: If you find an alternative I would be glad if you write an email to my mail address. It's mscholz@msconsulting.de. We are located in Germany (Krefeld/Rhineland).

Michael

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 1:43pm
Hello,

The calendar controls have been under development for a quite some time now, yes that is correct. We have been planning on releasing the controls sooner, but we cannot mark a beta version as production and release it before it is ready.

This is no indication that we do not care about our customers requests, or that we are not listening to or customers requirements.

The date of June in my honest opinion is a realistic time frame. I am sure that you would not want to incorporate components into your product that have not been fully tested or have known issues.

I do understand that there is a large demand for this control and we are working hard to get it ready as fast as humanly possible. We will begin releasing beta versions of the control that you can begin working with right away as early as next week.

If you are interested in becoming a beta tester for the calendar control please let us know by sending your request to support@codejock.com. Eligible candidates will have an active support agreement for the Xtreme Suite (ActiveX) or Xtreme Toolkit Pro (MFC).

Regards,

Kirk Stowell
codejocksoftware

Edited by Support
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 3:27pm

Thanks Kirk, this status update is much appreciated. I was also disappointed with the delay, because there are new features in current controls that I am eagearly waiting for (such as drag&drop in reportcontrol).

I personally think it will be very helpful to get familiar with the new control in BETA form. I will send an email to support as suggested. Thanks again.

ICBM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 3:41pm

Kirk

I appreciate your honesty about an end of June date, for really, why on earth did you ever suggest it would be available in January? I too have 'marketing' breathing down my neck about including the calendar control in our application - but only since I told them they would be able to have it in February or March. Six months! What happened?

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 11:47am
Hello all,

Xtreme Calendar Control v9.70 Release Candidate 1 (Calendar and DatePicker Controls) is now available via download at http://beta.codejock.com/.

Only customers who have a registered license for Xtreme Suite or Xtreme Toolkit Pro are eligible for participation.

If you are interested in becomming a beta tester for Codejock products please register [link] online with our beta site.

Enjoy

Edited by SuperMario
idolpx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idolpx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:50pm
When my customers complain about slipping release dates that are usually because they shift priorities after the project is already started.  I tell them that they can have it "right" or "right now".  :)  There are only so many hours in a day.

They normally choose "right" over "right now".

castleJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 10:36am
I guess I start this touchy subject again, but v10 supposed to be released in the end of June. Before that 9.7 supposed to get out... Does 9.7 have the original v10 functionality now? - I'm asking because there should be some fixes in v10 that I would have liked to have and I guess v10 will not be out this year...
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 10:37am
9.7 will have some of what 10 was going to have, but not all.  What are you asking about and I can tell you
castleJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 1:41pm
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm looking for VisualTheme on Report control...
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 2:39pm
Personally I am waiting for Drag and Drop support on the Report control, before I can ship my application. Any idea if that will make it in the final v9.70? Thanks.
castleJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 7:53am
And the answer from CJ is: ...
mlatona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlatona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 3:36am
I am waiting for Drag and Drop support too. Pleas CJ answer this question.
castleJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 3:01am
I don't undertand you CJ - this is a simple question, why can't you answer it? It's like you avoid the answer for some strange reason (or that you don't know what you deliver in 9.70)... 
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 10:44am
I don't see that that has been added  Sorry for the delay...Really trying to get 9.70 release, there has been allot to do.  Good news it it should be release tomorrow at the latest
castleJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castleJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 11:36am
Ok, thank you...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic