Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with context menu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jamiei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with context menu
    Posted: 02 November 2003 at 4:13pm

I've created a CTreeView derived class that is then attached to a docking pane using AttachView. Inside this derived class I've overridden the OnContextMenu method where I want to display a context menu.

The code that does this is as follows:

CMenu menu;

menu.LoadMenu( IDR_MAINFRAME );

CMenu* pMenu = menu.GetSubMenu(0);

CXTPPopupBar popup;

popup.LoadMenu( pMenu );

popup.Popup( point.x, point.y, 0 );

For some reason, this only seems to be called if I double click on the view. For example, if I just right click once in the tree control's area I get nothing, if I double click then a menu is displayed before being destroyed straight away. I added a call to MessageBox just to block the code and the menu does appear, but as I said, as soon as the code continues the menu is destroyed.

I've not found anything about using the pop-up menus (yet) so it's possible I've used the classes in the wrong way. However, what is slightly weirder is the fact I need to double click to get it displayed.

If anyone can shed any light I'd be very grateful. I've so far found using/creating the docking panes fairly problematic!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic