Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Get working: Calendar with customized Datasource
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get working: Calendar with customized Datasource

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
el austriaco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el austriaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get working: Calendar with customized Datasource
    Posted: 02 March 2013 at 3:33am
Hi guys,

I want to use the calendar-control with a customized datasource within Microsoft Access, but despite going through the samples provided (vb, vb.net and access) I couldn''t set it up. I could not find an easy accessible step-by-step guide to what I need. In the following you see how I imagine this to work (from what I have seen in the examples):

In Form_Load the calendar-objects (calender itself and date-picker) are loaded and attached to each other.
Private Sub Form_Load()

'Load Calendar
      Set m_Calendar = Me.ocxCalendar.Object
      m_Calendar.SetDataProvider "Provider=Custom;"
      m_Calendar.DataProvider.Create

'Attach Date-Picker to calendar
      Set m_DatePicker = Me.ocxDatePicker.Object
      m_DatePicker.AttachToCalendar m_Calendar

End Sub

As there is no data-source assigned to the calendar I would expect the DoRetrieveDayEvents to be fired by the calendar-object in order to retrieve the events (=Load them to the Events-parameter) for the date-range currently on display. What actually happens is that the event is fired a few thousand times (for each day until year 2020+), seemingly without a reason.  
Private Sub m_Calendar_DoRetrieveDayEvents(ByVal dtDay As Date, ByVal Events As XtremeCalendarControl.CalendarEvents)

m_RdeCounter = m_RdeCounter + 1
   Debug.Print "EVT: m_Calendar_DoRetrieveDayEvents " & dtDay & ", event-occurence " & m_RdeCounter

End Sub

What I achieved so far is to load some events to the calendar-control. (But this is not exactly what I want as the user chooses the dates he wants to see within the calendar-controls.)
Private Sub cmdTest_Click()

Dim c As Calendar 'This is my custom-calendar-object
   Dim i As Calendar_Item
   Dim j As XtremeCalendarControl.CalendarEvent

'Clear existing events
   m_Calendar.DataProvider.ClearCache

'Load calendar
   Set c = Cal_Data_Load

'Transfer calendar-items to code-jock-calendar
   For Each i In c.Items
      Set j = m_Calendar.DataProvider.CreateEvent
      Me_Event_HereToJock i, j
      m_Calendar.DataProvider.AddEvent j
   Next

m_Calendar.DataProvider.Save

'Redraw contol
   m_Calendar.Populate

End Sub

This actually transfers the properties of 'my' calendar-item to the codejock one. The Id-thing I couldn't figure out either, although I obviously need to re-fetch it when later saving the element in the database.
Private Sub Me_Event_HereToJock(Here As Calendar_Item, ByRef Jock As XtremeCalendarControl.CalendarEvent)

With Jock
      '.Id = Here.Id
      .StartTime = Here.Date_Start
      .EndTime = Here.Date_End
      .Subject = Here.Text
      .Location = Nz(Here.AdrId, "")
   End With

End Sub

So any chance to get help on this? I would just need a working example for a customized database as described for Ms Access or Vb.net. As I mentioned in the previous post I've already contacted codejock-support without reaction. So I am writing here in order to benefit from public knowledge. Smile

The database containing the above code can be downloaded here:
http://www.zaunsystem.net/cal.zip

Thanks for any reponse!

Georg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic