Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Chart Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems printing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems printing
    Posted: 27 February 2013 at 12:31pm
I need to print a chart. 

I have tested both methods provided for this (PrintChart and PrintToDC). Only a portion of the chart is being printed. I wanna print the full chart in a single paper sheet.

Can anyone let me know how to do this?

I am using VB 6.0.

Thanks.
Arnoutdv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnoutdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 10:14am
I encountered the same problem last week using Codejock.SuitePro.ActiveX.v15.3.1
Only the upper right corner of the chart is extremly enlarged printed on a single A4.

Also when using the preview mode of the chart control (like in the sample program), only a small portion of the chart is printed.
If (theChart.PrintPreview) Then theChart.PrintChart 0
VB6 SP6, SuitePro 16.3.0 / 18.2.0, Win10/64
JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 12:52pm
Have you tried the print preview option?   This works for me with the 32-bit OCX but not the 64-bit one.  I subitted a support ticket regarding this on Feb 22nd.  (Issue 30348) but haven't had any response from codejock. 
This is the text associated with the ticket:

If I use the print preview command with the 64-bit ocx control it comes up with an empty error box that has the title bar "Codejock Chart Cont..." and no print preview comes up.

It works fine with the 32-bit version.

I have reproduce the problem using the C# ChartSample and can send this if needed but I expect it will be easy for you to reproduce as well.

I am using v15.3.1  
Arnoutdv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnoutdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 11:05am
The code line I submitted used the PrintPreview method.
I'm also using v15.3.1 (32bit) with VB6 SP6
If (theChart.PrintPreview) Then theChart.PrintChart 0
VB6 SP6, SuitePro 16.3.0 / 18.2.0, Win10/64
DAVECQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVECQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 8:43am
Same Probleam as all the users above - we use ActiveX.
+ on the Preview when you click the Print button, the screen closes and does nothing..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also noticed a VERY BIG memory leak on the ChartPro when you add over 1000 odd points! - in some cases leaves 60mb hanging (and I've X-checked DELETEALL statements all the way down the stack)
efi27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efi27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2013 at 4:56am
Hi,

i have the same problem with the 16.2.0 under W64 bits. How can i do to print the entire chart ?

Eric
efi27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efi27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 1:12am
anyway, nobody konw how to do ?

Eric
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 8:17am
The issue has been fixed. The changes will be available in the next version, I guess it will be 16.2.7.
Thanks
xantos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xantos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 5:39pm
We finally found a solution to fix the chart printing problem.
Instead of using the PrintChart method wich is no good we use the PrintToDC method with the VSPRINTER object from ComponentOne.

VSPrinter1.StartDoc
ChartControl.PrintToDC VSPrinter1.HDC,100,100,600,600 'Set your coordinates
VSPrinter1.EndDoc
' At this point you will get a preview of your chart inside the VSPrinter preview object
'If you need to automate a complete printout procedure without print preview, set the visible property of the VSPrinter object to false and add the following method right after the EndDoc method
VSPrinter1.PrintDoc False

Result is superb and nice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic