Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to skin e.g. Edit controls?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UglySwede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to skin e.g. Edit controls?
    Posted: 27 February 2013 at 10:31am
Hi!

I'm working with an application that has used Codejock for many years - we will now start using more features, e.g. skins.

I like Codejock, and SkinBuilder is very nice and powerful. (And the inheritance mechanism is very smart.) But I wish there was better documentation/a tutorial. Not so much on SkinBuilder itself, but of the different properties - what they do and how they interact with eachother. Isn't there any thorough documentation of that?

For example, one thing we want to skin is the Edit box. But I can't get that to work. We would want:

- A different background color, both when enabled and disabled. But none of the properies seem to work. (By setting the "Window"-property under "System Metrics", you can set the background for all controls. But how do you set the background for just the Edit controls?)

- A different color of the text, but the "TextColor" property doesn't work.

- To set the border to a different color. The "BorderColor" property sometimes works, sometimes it just changes the color around the increase/decrease buttons. Is there some other property that takes precedence?

- A thicker border, but the "BorderSize" property doesn't work. Nor does the "ContentMargins" to get a larger margin between the border and the text.

- We would very much like rounded corners on our Edit controls, and there is a property for "BorderType" with the value "RoundRect". But it doesn't work.

There must be a lot I haven't understood... Smile I would be VERY grateful if anybody could give me some help - or give me a link to some documentation!

And I have a coding question: I understand that I can use different skins on different windows - and even individual controls. But can you programmatically set individual properties from C++? For example change the text color of an individual Edit control? Or do you have to create a skin/schema for that?

Best regards

Anders from Sweden
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic