Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Chart Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Add Click Event Handling to Codejock Plots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add Click Event Handling to Codejock Plots
    Posted: 22 January 2013 at 1:52pm
It will be nice to click anywhere on a chart display area and retrieve the nearest chart data point. Getting an event that can return the data point; or if a developer can pass an (x, y) position to a HitTest function to retrieve the nearest data point.  Something...

Also be nice to add a progress-line on a line chart, click and hold, and slide it back and forward on the chart with a mouse movement. Similar to the CXTPTrackControl Cursor.
Rhymes
BLW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BLW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2013 at 10:43am
I'm looking to do very similar things with my graphs. 
I did find that there is a function HitTest() which can be used to get the area of the graph selected.  They have an example of this that is used to modify the graph titles.  It works just as well when you click on a graph series point.  I'm using it as a method of selecting a chart element so that I can give more information about that data point.

I'm looking to do a limit drag-drop operation on my graph that sounds almost like what you are asking for.  I have it almost working in my test code.  I created a derived class based on the CXTPChartControl class so that I can track the mouse movement.  I'm just looking for a way to determine the graph scale so that I can accurately place my limit line on the graph as the user drags it around.  I have an open issue with Codejock where they are working on helping me with that last piece of the puzzle.  Will keep you posted.

Brad
rhymes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 4:44pm
This will be a huge help, please keep me posted...

Thanks..!  Smile
Rhymes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic