Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Task Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with WM_UPDATEUISTATE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with WM_UPDATEUISTATE
    Posted: 05 December 2012 at 3:02pm
For a long time I have struggled with MFC dialog boxes that we insert into a task panel group that has buttons on it. We use the CXTButton class and the issue I have is with the focus rectangle not drawing or with inconsistent drawing.

I have found that previously that the UISF_HIDEFOCUS flag gets cleared and so my "fix" is to try and isolate a good code location to send the WM_UPDATEUISTATE message to the button using MAKEWPARAM(UIS_CLEAR, UISF_HIDEFOCUS) and a 0 LPARAM. That clears the bit. This has mostly worked but now with the version 15.1.3, I am having the issue again.

So in my OnEraseBkgnd handler, I do this:

SendMessage(WM_UPDATEUISTATE, MAKEWPARAM(UIS_CLEAR, UISF_HIDEFOCUS), 0);

TO make matters worse, I have previously found that on some machines, when I do that, another display is immediately initiated so I wrapped the code up to stop the display chain:

static int s_UpdatingUIState = 0;

if( 0 == s_UpdatingUIState )
                    {
                         s_UpdatingUIState = 1;
                         SendMessage(WM_UPDATEUISTATE, MAKEWPARAM(UIS_CLEAR, UISF_HIDEFOCUS), 0);
                         s_UpdatingUIState = 0;
                    }

That was working but now it is not working. Again I am in a constant state of displays unless I remove that code.

So I searched the CJ code base we have an I see that CodeJock now has two XTButton.cpp files. One is in Controls\Deprecated\XTButton.cpp and the other in Controls\Button\XTPButton.cpp.

I set a break in both and I see that we are using the "deprecated" one. Also, in the deprecated code, I see CJ calling Inalidate(FALSE) while in the other file (non-deprecated) I see CJ calling RedrawButton.

So, I have a some questions for the CodeJock developers.

Why did you change the CXTButton:LOnUpdateUIState code to call RedrawButton when this message handler is called?

Should I be doing something to make sure I am not using the "deprecated" source file?

How might the focus rect display keep getting turned off?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic