Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hide maximize button

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hide maximize button
    Posted: 24 October 2012 at 1:20pm
Commandbars OCX v15.2.1, Visual Basic 6, Windows XP.  Using ribbonbars.

No problem getting my ribbonbar to work, but I need to hide the "maximize window" button as full-screen doesn't make sense for my application.  There's a code snippet in the help file:

'This sample code illustrates how to hide the maximize MDI button on the menu bar.
    CommandBars(1).SetFlags xtpFlagHideMaximizeBox, 0

but it doesn't work.  The maximize button is still visible.  I've tried the other flag options, but none of them seem to achieve anything - the minimize, maximize and close buttons are always visible no matter what combination of flags I use.

I also tried CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.SetFlags, with the same results (not surprising as it's the same thing really).

Anyone tried this and got it to work?

Nick.
Nick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 6:34am
further info:  I realised that this code snippet is probably for the MDI buttons on a child form in an MDI application.  But I have an SDI application.  It seems that the enabled and disabled maximize buttons on the themed form look the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic